63

I took a deep breath, looking over the email one more time. I couldn't help but feel like I was suffocating with the pressure of this task.

Sure, I have killed people before but this time I had to be calculated. I couldn't just go in there and blow his brains out.

I had to be strategic.

I stood up then grabbed my phone and started doing down the hallway.

I needed to find that drug that Colby would slip in people's drinks. Although, that wouldn't kill them as promptly as I needed them to.

Maybe I could roofie him or something. I didn't have much time to really come up with a solid plan.

When I got to Alex's door, I knocked on it. "Yes? Oh- Uh...how can I help you?" He asked nervously.

"I need to drug someone and I need you to tell nobody about it." I said as he nodded.

"Why do you need to drug someone?" He asked and stepped to the side so I could go into his office.

"That's really none of your concern." I said as he pulled a bag of powder out, along with some mini bottles.

"Alright, fair enough. You want to just drug them? Not kill them?" He asked as I nodded.

"Unless it's an instant kill." I said as he nodded. "This should do the trick. You're like...not gonna take it for yourself are you?" He asked with concern. "Not at all." I said as he filled the vile up.

I knew why he was concerned. Colby had made it very clear to all of them to keep drubs and addictive substances away from me. They all knew about my addiction, but that's not what this was about.

"Alright, you're all set. Be careful with this stuff, it kills almost immediately." He said as I nodded.

"Remember you didn't talk to me about this. Are we understood?" I asked and raised my brows. "Yes, ma'am." He said as I nodded and left the room.

I hid the vile in my bra then made my way down the hallway and towards the office. There I found a knife that was disguised as a comb, which I slipped into my waist band.

Once I was properly armed, I made my way towards the elevator so I could complete my first task.

There was a certain sense of adrenaline that I had never felt in my life. It was almost euphoric as it mixed with the pure fear I was feeling in my chest.

Maybe I was meant to be a part of this.

When I got to the car I plugged the address in and started driving.

It was so crazy to me that I was going into a situation with little to no protection and all by myself.

Since being in the crime world I have been sheltered and protected at all costs. Knowing if I got into a situation I couldn't get out of, there would be nobody to save me.

When I got to the bar, I parked and made my way towards the door. "Woah there." The bouncer said as he held his hand out, stopping me from going in.

"ID." He said as I blinked slowly. I didn't want to give this guy an ID due to the fact I was literally about to kill a guy inside.

"I forgot it at home." I said, batting my eyelashes as innocently as possible.

I had to really turn on the charm if I was going to make this work.

"Sorry sweetheart, no ID no entry." He said as I frowned. "It's my best friend's birthday and she would absolutely kill me if I didn't get in there." I said with a frown.