113

Colby's POV

I was beyond frustrated because nobody was available tow our car to the nearest auto body shop for three fucking days.

I thought about having Jake and Corey come to our rescue but they were on their own little mission that I couldn't pull them away from.

I couldn't pull Nate away because I wasn't going to let the kids be left alone.

That's probably what they wanted from me.

"I don't like this." I said to Sam as we walked to the run down motel that was down the street from the gas station.

"I know. As much as I'd love to think Julia can handle this, I have a horrible feeling." She said with a sigh as we walked up to the front desk of the motel.

"A room with two beds, please." Sam said as the old man behind the desk nodded and grabbed two keys.

"A hundred bucks." He said as I scrunched my brow. "Seriously?" I asked as he nodded.

"Higher prices for two grown men wanting to sleep together." He said blandly. "We literally asked for two beds but whatever." I said then pulled out my wallet.

I handed him a one hundred dollar bill then turned to Sam.

"Let's go." I grumbled then led the way. I had no clue where the fuck we were supposed to be going.

I was so beyond annoyed that we were in this situation at all since it felt like we were going to be too late.

Julia was going to take the leap and we wouldn't get to her in time.

I blamed myself completely for this situation. I should have never showed weakness and should have just handled this.

Now Julia was going to pay for my dumb mistakes.

"Stop overthinking, Colby." Sam said as we walked up to the door that was our room. "I'm not." I mumbled and unlocked the door revealing the worlds grossest hotel room.

"A hundred dollars for this is making me want to kill myself." I said causing Sam to laugh. "Come on, man. Where's your sense of adventure." He said as we walked into the room.

"This isn't an adventure. This is a mission that we are ultimately going to fail at." I said as he shook his head.

"Get out of that mindset. Julia is smart, she's going to do what's best for her and the baby." Sam said as I walked around the disgusting room.

"Wrong. Staying at the office is what was best for her and the baby." I mumbled then grabbed my phone.

I was so annoyed that there was no service but at least there was a phone in the room.

I decided to call Nate so I could at least check on the kids and make sure they were okay. "Hello?" Nate asked with confusion.

"Nate. It's Colby." I said then sat on the single bed that we had in the room.

"Where are you calling from? I've been trying to call you for hours." He said as I sighed.

"Snake stole the jet so Sam and I had to drive to Seattle but they somehow blew out all of our tires so we are trapped in the middle of fucking nowhere for a couple days." I explained and ran my hand through my hair.

"It's like they are keeping you away." Nate hummed as I nodded. "Exactly. I'm worried fucking sick about Julia." I said and closed my eyes.

"She called Jenna so she's alive." Nate said as I raised my brows.

"She called Jenna?" I asked with confusion. "Yeah. She got a burner phone." Nate explained as I nodded.

"Let me talk to Jenna." I said and looked up at Sam who was looking at me with concern.