158

"Are you ready to go?" Colby asked as I carefully strapped Maisie into her car seat.

"I'm nervous." I said and caressed our sleeping daughter's cheek. "We're gonna be okay. Aren't you excited to show her the house?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"She's gonna love her room and the kids are gonna love having her around." I said and stood up straight, gasping at the pain that shot through my body.

"You okay?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Yeah." I said with a reassuring smile.

Today was the day we were bringing Maisie home and I was admittedly very nervous. Maisie has been doing really well over the passed few days and I was really happy to say she was perfectly healthy.

We received the test results for Maisie and her epilepsy and she so far hasn't showed any signs of having it.

I knew if she eventually developed it we would be okay since I've been living with it for so long. I just didn't want her to suffer like I did.

Bringing her home was going to be a huge step though, since once we left this hospital it was fair game for anyone to attack or take her from us.

I tried to not think about that.

"Let me go get a wheelchair." Colby said as I breathed a laugh. "I can walk." I said then leaned down to pick up Maisie's carseat.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to rip your stitches or anything." Colby said as I shook my head. "I'll be okay." I said as he took the car seat from me.

"You're built different, Jules." Colby said with a grin. "My body and I have been through a lot." I said with a laugh then grabbed our bags.

"Let me get those." Colby said as I shook my head. "I promise I can handle it." I said then led the way out of the room slowly.

Of course I was in a lot of pain and I knew I needed to be resting but as of now, I just wanted to get home.

When we got to the car, I watched as Colby got Maisie's carseat set up in the back seat. "I'm gonna sit back here with her." I said as Colby turned to look at me.

"I expected nothing less." He said then kissed my cheek and took the bags from me.

I felt really emotional again as I looked at Maisie sleeping in her carseat. In the seat next to her was Juniper's car seat.

The feeling of being overwhelmed with the responsibilities at hand was stressing me out.

I knew realistically we could handle it but I just felt like I could cry right now.

"Alright. Bags are in the car. Baby is in the car. You're in the car. I think we are ready to-" Colby said and turned back to look at me as he got situated in the driver's seat.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I wiped a tear from my cheek. "Nothing. Let's go home." I said and looked away. "You know you can talk to me, right?" He asked as I nodded.

"I know." I said then looked at Maisie. "Let's get her home." I said with a small smile and put my hand gently on her stomach.

"Let's get her home." Colby repeated then faced forwards.

"Both hands on the wheel. At least twenty below the speed limit." I said sternly causing him to chuckle.

"Don't you worry, Jules. I'm gonna get my girls home safe." Colby said as I smiled and looked over at Maisie again.

I couldn't believe we made the most perfect baby to ever exist. I fell more in love with her every second of every day.

It was hard to wrap around the fact that my body could make a whole ass human being, but I tried to not think too hard about it.