91

Colby's POV

When we got inside, we made our way to Max's dining room.

"Tell me what you know." I said blandly. "I'm going to wait for the money. I can't trust you as far as I can throw you, Brock." Max said as I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for this, Max." I said and crossed my arms.

"Nate will be back with the money, so just talk." I said and glared at him.

"You're no fun." Max said with a sigh. "Where should I begin? Should we start with the pregnancy or who's trying to get Julia?" Max asked as my blood ran cold.

"What pregnancy?" I asked, trying to stay as calm as possible. "You and I both know what pregnancy, Colby." Max said as I closed my eyes.

"Who else knows?" I asked, trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

In reality my heart was racing and I felt like I could throw up at any moment.

"It's the word on the street. Julia's been in some hot water since you were killed. People want revenge and they're looking for any way to get to her." He said and folded his hands in front of him.

"Who relayed this information to you?" Sam asked as I narrowed my eyes at Max. So far he wasn't giving any real information. Just words through the grapevine.

"Someone familiar." He said as I rolled my eyes. "You aren't getting any fucking money if you don't give us any real information." I said causing him to chuckle.

"Here." He said and grabbed a piece of paper, writing something down. "Here's an address you can go to. They'll be able to give you more information." Max said and slid me the paper.

"You love wasting everyone's time, don't you?" I asked angrily. "I'm not done." He's said and crossed his arms.

"There's underground gangs. Ones that have been around longer than any of us. They're dangerous and typically elusive." He said then leaned back.

"Only the original four know about them. That's why Pops was working closely...well I guess was having Julia work closely with them." He said as I scrunched my brow.

"The original four?" I asked as he chuckled. "You don't know about them?" He asked as I looked at Sam.

"No, do you?" I asked as Sam shook his head. "Not at all." He said as I looked back at Max.

"Pops, Quill, Snake, and Gold. The original four mobsters of LA." Max said as my face fell. I knew that Quill and Pops have been in the game for a while, at least since Julia was a baby.

I had no idea that there were two others.

"Good runs the gold group, which Pops was running. Gold is up in Seattle, Pops is running his branch down here, and Julia killed Quill." Max explained.

"And what about Snake?" I asked as Max chuckled. "Not sure. Rumor is that Julia killed one of his men and that he wants revenge." He hummed and crossed his arms.

"I'd watch out for that one, Brock. She can't seem to stay out of trouble." He said as I clenched my jaw.

"Like I said before. Keep her name out of your mouth." I snapped as Nate came into the house with the money.

"Take your fucking money. We're leaving." I said and took the money from Nate and tossed it onto the table.

I didn't know if Max had any more information but I didn't want to hear any more of his bullshit.

I heard all I needed to hear.

"Good luck, Brock. You're gonna need it." Max said as I made my way out of the room.