102

Colby's POV

I felt Julia gasp as pink confetti sprinkled around us. "A girl." Julia said with a smile as she turned to face me.

"Are you happy?" I asked as she nodded, a smile on her face but a dullness in her eyes.

Something was wrong.

Before I could ask her what was wrong, she was taking my face in her hands and giving me a gentle kiss.

"Sissy, you're gonna have another sissy!" Juniper said as Julia laughed and turned to her.

"No, I'm gonna have a daughter. Different but still fun." She explained as I scooped Juniper up and held her on my hip.

I was honestly pretty excited to have a daughter but I was also terrified.

Having a son was dangerous but he would fit into the crime world easier than a daughter would. Of course with Julia as her mother, she would end up being a badass.

I would protect both of them as best as I possibly could.

"What are you gonna name her?" Little Sam asked as Julia sat down, resting her hand on her belly.

"Not sure. We have a little while before we meet her." Julia said and looked up at me. "You should name her Juniper." Juniper whispered into my ear.

"That's your name." I said as she nodded. "It's perfect." She said as I sat her on the bed next to Julia.

"Yeah, but you're one of a kind, kid." I said as she giggled.

"I have to go talk to Sam and get back to work but I expect some suggestions for baby names." I said then went to give Julia a quick kiss.

"Don't be too long." Julia said as I nodded. "Twenty minutes tops." I said then looked at little Sam and Carter.

"I'll set your game console up when I get back." I said as they both nodded.

"The you gotta play some video games with us." Carter said with a smile. "We'll see." I said then turned to leave the room.

It's been nice being away from the hard exterior but I was ready to be back in the game again.

I've gone too soft.

I made my way down the hallway and towards Sam's office before knocking on the door.

"Well look who's back." Sam hummed as he opened the door. "Back and ready to fuck shit up." I said with a chuckle.

"Let's get planning then." He said and stepped to the side so I could walk into his office. "How's the baby?" He asked and sat behind his desk.

"She's fine." I said as he grinned. "I knew you'd have a girl. Is Jules excited?" He asked as I shrugged.

"She said she is but something is off about her. I'm gonna have to pry later. That reminds me, we have to send someone out to get her ice cream." I said then pulled my phone out.

"We got in a shootout on the way to the airport." I said as he sighed. "Fuck. We gotta make something happen sooner rather than later then." Sam said as I texted Jake.

"I just don't see how we are able to do this. If what Will said is right, Julia's gonna have to do it. There's gotta be another way." I said and put my phone down, looking up at him.

"There's another way. We just have to find it." Sam said with a sigh.

"I have a couple of jobs I need to complete today. If you want to tag along you can. Maybe we can find some more information." Sam said as I grinned.