| 79 |

| Luca |

“Why must we bring them here? Raven won’t be happy about this,” I said quietly, watching as Bastian’s men helped him into one of the rooms reserved for guests.

My head’s still spinning about everything I learnt about either Philip, Emmett or even…Bastian. I’ve always known he was a jerk; I just didn’t think he was this bad. Sometimes I question myself why I’m friends with him.

“Hodge asked me to help him, baby,” Shaun said with a sigh. “He didn’t want them anywhere near Addy’s son and he didn’t know where else to take him,”

“This is just so fucked up,” I said with yet another sigh, leaning against Shaun. “How can he do all of that?”

“The Mafia world is a lot crueller and more unjust, baby,” Shaun said quietly.

Emmett had one of his guys, along with the Albino guy, treat Bastian’s wounds. Whatever they have been doing to him, he must have been awake because he was screaming in pain. Or it was the poison troubling him. He’d just now quieten down. He was probably sleeping now.

It is currently two o’clock in the night and they haven’t come out of his room.

“What about you?” I turned to Shaun with a frown. “Are you okay?” when my mind finally registers what he’s referring to, I shuddered a little.

“I’m fine now,” I said offering a tiny smile. “A lot could have gone wrong,” I murmured before clearing my throat. “Thank God Monde came just in right. I probably would have hit her or something,”

“I wouldn’t object to that,” Shaun said, and I let out a tiny smile.

“Yeah well, I don’t want to stoop that low,” I said with a sigh, tucking my head in Shaun’s chest. “I don’t want Raven to know me as someone who has hit a woman,”

“Baby, I don’t think Sienna is a woman,” Shaun says. “Perhaps if she were the one captured instead of Philip’s sister, we would be telling a different story,” I found myself laughing at that, despite the horrible situation.

“You’re terrible,” I said.

“You love me though,” he says. I pecked his jaw a couple of times.

“I do,” he kissed my forehead in return.

“And I love you too,” he wrapped his arms around me.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before Emmett and his people came out. We’d remained in the living room, waiting for them. “Give this to him when he wakes up,” Emmett instructed one of Bastian’s men. “And apply this on the wound three times a day. It should suck what’s left of the poison out,” he said before turning to Shaun and I.

Sitting himself on the couch next to us, he placed a small black bag, unzipping. “This is Raven’s medicine. I’d give it to her, but she’s sleeping,” he says. I sat up, making Shaun drop his arms. “I’m trusting you two to give her the accurate information because if she misuses this, she’ll get hurt,” he says eyeing at the two of us.

“Okay,” Shaun said with a nod.

“All of the medicines she has to take once a day. Not more. Once in twenty four hours,” he says. “I’d recommend you set an alarm, so she doesn’t make any mistakes. This one she can take any time of the day,” he held up one  white bottle of pills for us to see before grabbing the other one, which was green. “This one she needs to take at night. It’ll make her drowsy, so I’d suggest she takes them when she’s about to sleep,” both Shaun and I nodded. “I wouldn’t suggest alcohol with these pills. Once she starts taking them, there should be no drinking whatsoever,”