| 19 |

| Raven |

I walked into the building, with a smile on my face, greeting the security by the door. My mind kept replaying this morning's activity. As promised, Shaun woke me up with his tongue buried deep inside me.

My men sure know how to make my body sing.

"Any messages?" I asked Shanice at the front desk.

"Morning Mrs King. You have a meeting with Mr Reagan this afternoon," she smiled at that. "I just reviewed the West Park Publishers website and they have a new code of conduct. Looks like we'll gaining after all," that made me smile.

"Good. Bring refreshments to the boardroom for him, alright? I'll take care of the rest," I said.

Having Mr Reagan with us will be good for the company. His first two books are selling like hot cakes. I know his genre will fit right in with us, where there is no limits. I mean, the man writes the darkest twisted stories that it even scares me. He's good with twisted plots and Mafia romances. So far, he's written two books that are LGBTQ friendly.

And his books each have two pages worth of trigger warnings, right at the beginning. That shit is darker than dark. I'm surprised the West Park even allowed him, considering they keep it PG.

My telephone rang about an hour or two while I was buried in work. I picked it up. "Yes Shanice?"

"Ma'am, I thought I should let you know Mr King is on his way up. Should I tell him you're busy," my mood deflated as soon as I heard Larry coming in here. I want to say no, but that'll raise suspicion, seeing as he's still my husband. I don't want people to start gossiping. I had no other choice but to play along with this.

"It's alright, Shanice. He can come up," I said with a sigh.

Not long after hanging up, the man barged into my office, not bothering to knock. I eyed him, not moving from my seat. He stood by the door, looking at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Knocking doesn't require a PhD, you know. It's basic manners," I said calmly. He walked over to my desk, swaying in his steps. His clothes were wrinkly and out of place. I sighed, realizing he's drunk. "How can I help you?" His brows furrowed at that, bracing his hands on the table.

"Baby, why do you talk to me like one of your employees?" He said quietly, his voice surprisingly steady. "It's me. Your husband,"

"What do you want, Larry? I'm busy," I gestured to the files. "I have an important client coming in later on and I need to prepare for the meeting,"

"I won't be long," he said. "I just want to talk," he said running his fingers through his hair. I watched him walk around my table until he was standing next to me. I looked up at him, unbothered.

He dropped to his knees, turning my chair to face him, and hugged my waist, laying his head on my chest. "Larry-"

"Please," he whispered inaudibly. "Five minutes. All I'm asking is for five minutes," he looked up at me. I cleared my throat, looking away. He took that as a sign to hug me. I'm stupid enough to care about him and that he's hurting. Even though he brought this on himself. "My mother made me do it," he suddenly said. "I didn't want to anything to do with Sarah. I swear baby," he looked up. "You have to believe me. You're the only one for me,"

"Lying to me is not going to change anyth-"

"I'm not lying, baby. I swear," he said, his eyes shining with unshed tears. "She knew about Sarah and I because she's the one who set me up with her. Remember that I'm the one that asked you to hire her into the company, because my mom and hers are close friends. She's always wanted me to end up marrying her. But I-I fell in love, with you and it messed up her plan," he said.