| 68 |

| Luca |

"Baby, let's be honest," I said turning to Shaun. "You don't have a problem with what Angel requested. You're just...shy," I bit back a smile as he glared at me. "Right baby?"

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" he accused. I pressed my lips together, and closed the space between us, ignoring the eyes on us. Placing a gentle hand over his rapid heartbeat.

"Enjoying what?" I asked innocently. His eyes narrowed warningly. "Okay, here's what I think." I took a different route, absentmindedly fixing his collar. "I think...that you should give it a go. You might like it."

"No," he said.

"But why?" I pressed. "You've been saying no, but you're not giving us a reason,"

"Who's side are you on here?" Shaun shot an accusing eye on me.

"I'm not taking sides here," I pointed out. "I'm just a little bit...too eager to see my fiance get down and dirt-"

"Ay, cut it out," he grumbled under his breath, pushing me off of him gently. I stumbled back a little, chuckling lowly when he started blushing. "Why the fuck are they taking so long?" he asked glancing at the door Angel and the doctor disappeared to.

Apparently Dr Pierce is fifty something years old and with a generous amount of grey hair. The lad still had the looks but nonetheless he was old. Even though it didn't do well enough to calm down my possessiveness over Angel, I was a whole lot calmer than yesterday. It also helped that the lad had a teenage daughter, who apparently was hospitalized.

He'd know better than to taste what's not his, given the fact that he had a daughter who can be put in the very same situation. I wouldn't approach her per se, but then again, a vengeful mind has no limit. It shouldn't take long for her to be head over heels for either Shaun or I and the rest will be history.

"Baby?" Shaun turned to me slowly. "I'm going to get coffee. Want some?" he shook his head. I walked around the empty hospital passage to the cafe I'd spotted when we walked in here. Looking back, I see the Asian guy trailing behind me, keeping his distance. I tried to not let him get to me. The dude, Kazu, is creepy. Or at least, he creeps me out. I haven't heard a word from him.

He was paired with the black guy with short locs. Inga, was his name or something. He's the talkative one amongst the group. The four of them were to work in pairs, taking turns. I'd watched Inga talk Kazu's ear off and got absolutely no reaction whatsoever. He was just staring. Granted, they're not supposed to engage in casual conversations because it'll distract them, I wasn't against humans being humans. I suppose it gets boring watching over someone for the whole day.

Heck, I haven't seen them eat. I don't even know how this works. Lunch is usually around twelve to one o'clock back at the office. I didn't pay attention to whether they ate or anything. Do I want to know? Yeah. Am I going to ask the creepy guy behind me? Fuck no.

I got myself coffee and a chocolate muffin for Shaun. He can't resist chocolate. I passed by Kazu and gave a nod in acknowledgement. He just looked at me and said nothing. For Christ's sake. At least Inga offered a full blown smile and it was enough for me to initiate a conversation. "Do you guys want anything?" I asked. When he raised his brow. "I assumed you'd want something to eat, " I said watching the clock strike three.

"Oh, we don't eat on duty," Inga said turning to Kazu. He murmured something to him and it was then that I realized that he's been quiet because he's Korean. Even though all Inga got was a head shake, he'd responded to Korean and not English. Why didn't Raven tell us that? "Yeah, we're good,"

"Alright then," I made my way back to Shaun, who eyed the muffin. I sat down next to him and took a bite out of the muffin, and his eyes narrowed.

"Seriously?" he said snatching the muffin of my hand. I laughed to myself.