| 41 |

| Raven |

"I'm a little worried about you, princesa," Luca spoke softly, on the other end of the line. "You were a little upset when you left,"

"Not upset, baby," I said with a sigh. "Maybe a little down the weather. Today...is the day," I leaned back.

Today, I'm meeting up with Larry and his lawyer.

I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling like everything's crashing down on me. I knew this was coming. I knew this day was coming. I wanted this. Why I'm suddenly suffocating, baffles me.

I stood up, heading to the glass wall, trying to regulate my breathing.

"Baby, we're here for you, okay?" Shaun spoke up. "If you need us, just say the word, alright?" I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths.

"Thanks guys," I said quietly. "I think I need to do this one on my own," I whispered. "Even though it scares me," my voice shook. I let out a shaky breath, a whimper escaping. "Oh God, this is ridiculous," I said laughing at myself. "I don't even know why I'm crying,"

"Don't ridicule yourself, princesa," Luca said softly. "You're going to be feeling a lot of emotions, and it's okay. Remember, this is for you and you only,"

"Remember what I said," Shaun said. "If you think about everyone around you, it'll confuse. We can't have that, now can we?"

I shook my head, then thought better of it. "No," I whispered.

"There now," he said. "Everything will be okay,"

"Everything will be okay," I repeated quietly. I chanted the words in my head again and again until there was a knock on my door. "Uhm...I'm getting off the phone now," I said moving quickly to wipe the tears that I didn't feel.

"Okay, take care, alright?" Luca said. "You got this,"

"I will and thanks," I said turning back to see Darren peeking in. "I'll see you guys later,"

"Hi, did I come at a wrong time?"

"Uh...not at all," I said clearing my throat. "What can I do?" I asked letting out a small smile.

"Uh, I just wanted to let you know that, Addison's ready to talk," my smile widened at that. "And...well, after you guys left, let's just say we managed to get Aaron to stay with us," he smiled.

"That's great, Darren," I said, happy to have my mood lifted a little. "Let me call Ian and he'll take it from here,"

"Yeah...here's the thing," he said slowly. "She'd like you to be there," he said. "I mean, you did just stand up for her." He smiled. I nodded.

"Okay, let me know when I'm needed," I said.

"She'd already called Ian apparently, and she'd like the questioning to be...here," he informed me. "If that's okay with you. I feel like a...somewhat familiar area would help her open up-"

"Yeah yeah," I nodded. "I can squeeze in a few hours, after my..." I trailed off, looking away. "Meeting," I murmured.

Darren shifted on his foot, eyeing me. "Uh, if...you need anything..."

"Thank you Darren," I said softly.

"Thank you for coming, Abdul," I said standing by the door.

"You know, you're being too lenient on this guy," Abdul, my attorney, spoke lowly, while we both looked over at a gloomy looking Larry, looking over at us. "A house," Abdul listed. "Cars. R1 million. It's like he didn't cheat on you, Ms Bailey. If people find out he gets to walk out with that, after causing you such a heartbreak, men will be doing it more often,"