| 56 |

| Shaun |

"Hey guys, you're back," Luca smiled at us when Raven and I walked through the door. He hurried to give me a hug and a kiss. Turning to Raven, he hugged her. "So...?"

He stepped back to look at us. Looking behind our backs, he let out a little smile, raising his brows. "Where are the gifts?"

"What gifts?" Raven taunted him. His face dropped and I snickered under my breath.

"Ha ha, funny," Luca said.

"Dinner's almost ready guys!" I heard Glenda yell from the kitchen area.

"Right. Why don't you freshen up and come down?" Luca said reversing back to the kitchen. He had a cream coloured apron over his tank top and sweatpants.

"Apron looks good on you," Raven said lowly, winking at Luca. I kissed him on my way to our room.

Somehow, we've managed to get the parents off the issue of the three of us sleeping in the same room. Plus, only Luca's mom, Katherine decided to sleep downstairs. She's been keeping to herself. Either they choose to be ignorant or they simply don't know.

Works for all of us.

"I told you he'd want to see the presents straight away," Raven said as we walked in our room. "He's too excited,"

We'd kept the presents with Charles, just to be safe. We'd slipped one time and he sneaked off to open them. He did a very bad job at hiding his excitement in the morning.

Raven and I showered quickly and changed into comfortable clothes. As we walked down, we could hear the loud commotion as the parents talked like they usually do.

"Grace, leave my wife alone," John said to my mom as we walked in.

"Hey babies, you're back," Katherine said with a wide smile.

"Mom, please refrain from saying that, again," Luca said as he walked around, setting the table. The table was almost full.

"Katherine here, was just telling us about her new man," mom spoke up, nudging Katherine.

"Ooh yes," Glenda cooed while John rolled his eyes. My eyes stayed on Luca, who was leaning against the stove, looking over the chatty parents with a troubled look.

And if my guess is good, it's because of his mother's new relationship.

I walked over to him. "You're okay?" I asked quietly. He blinked, turning to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he said offering a small smile before he grabbed the bowl of salad. "Come on," he looked back at me. Raven and I exchanged a knowing look.

"I never said I'll tell you anything-"

"Oh come on, Kat," Glenda prodded. "Luca would like to know who the new daddy is," mom and Glenda snickered under their breaths whilst Katherine eyed Luca nervously.

"Wait, you haven't told him yet?" John frowned, looking between Luca and his mom. Reaching underneath the table, I grabbed his hand, giving it a light squeeze. I can tell this is troubling him. I'd be too. "Who is this man anyway?"

Katherine looked at all of us, blushing silently. Placing the fork down, she cleared her throat. "Uhm...seeing as we're already on the...uh, topic at hand, I think that telling you guys-"

"I believe you should have told us the moment he set his eyes on you, but carry on," I let out a tiny smile at my mom's remark. Katherine glared at her.

"I...met someone," she began quietly. "His name is...Philip," she let out a smile of her own, one that was genuine and...full of life. "He is...a Professor at Howard University and...yeah," she shrugged.