| 64 |

| Shaun |

"What do you mean you no longer work for us?" I gritted my teeth when Dave Johnson crushed what's left of my peace.

"I apologize for the short notice and I wish you well, but I cannot no longer help you," he said.

"Why?"

"It's my decision," was all he said.

"Well, fuck you and your decision," I said looking around the police station aimlessly to try and reel back my anger. "When I find you, Dave, you better have a good enough reas-" before I can even finish, the fucker hung up on me. I stared at the crusty police phone for a moment. The fucker hung up on me. I laughed to myself.

Great. Now we have no lawyer. I'd have been a whole lot calm if it was just me. Luca's also here and I'll be damned if he sleeps behind bars tonight. Raven would no doubt be wondering where we are in the evening, when we don't make it home.

"Time's up, sir," the officer said, eyeing me lazily.

"I need to make one more call," I told him. Bastian would know what to do. I can just call him and we'll be-"

"I'm afraid you only get one call and that's it," he said walking over.

"What the fuck do you do with one call? I said I need to make a cal-"

"It would be wise to remain calm before you get yourself another case," he said narrowing his eyes at me. I dropped the phone, not bothering to put it back in place, looking at him. Who the fuck does he think he is, threatening me?

If I don't move, I'm going to punch him. I walked away, back to the interrogation room, with him hot on my heels. He rushed to open the door and usher me in. I eyed Luca closely, as the detective hovered over him.

"Still won't talk?" he said looking at Luca. Rounding the table to sit next to him, I eyed the detective. "When can we expect your lawyer?" he turned to me.

"He's not coming," I said, gritting my teeth when the fucker smirked in silent victory. From my peripheral vision, I can see Luca looking my way.

"Oh, well, in that case. Shall we begin?" he said sitting down and grabbing his notepad.

"We're not talking without a legal representative," I said crushing his spirit. "Your bitch ass police officer over there won't let me make another call, so I guess we're both not getting what we want,"

He looked at me for a moment too long and I held his eyes, unwavering. He sighed frustratingly. "Well, gentlemen. I can't promise that the food will be great in here, but...make yourselves at home. Have someone call me when you're ready to get out," he said standing up, subconsciously fidgeting with the blinding lamp set on top of the table. He left shortly after and I let out a hot breath.

"No one's coming then," Luca said. I turned to him and he was fidgeting with the handcuffs. "Not really sure how long I can handle these," I took his hands in mine, turning him to me.

"I'm sorry. That fucker Dave bailed on us. I couldn't make another call," he lets out a tiny smile.

"That's okay, I can go and request for a call," he said. Before he can stand up though, the door is pushed opened and the officer ushers a man inside.

"Thank you," the man said before turning to us. He walked over to sit down. "Afternoon gentlemen," he greeted with an easy smile. "Hey, we're not done here," he turning to the officer about to lock the door. The man looked around for a while and his eyes glued on the lamp. Standing up, he felt around for a moment and retrieved something tiny and black. Tossing it to the officer. "Tell Peterson he needs to get creative with that. It's getting old and pathetic," he said. The officer twirled what turned out to be a bug and eyed the man in shock. He left shortly after. Luca and I gave each other a look.

Please Me Mommy +18 - ON HOLDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara