| 23 |

| Shaun |

"I think it's about we talk about that weekend away, what do you say?" Hodge said. "It's been a while,"

"Yeah, things have been hectic lately," I said interlacing my hand with Luca's absentmindedly. He looked down at our intertwined hands before smiling.

"I think we all know if the four of us were to go, we'd most likely be caught up in some freaky moments with those two," Luca blushed when Darren spoke up.

"When are you two getting married anyway? I'm getting old here waiting for an invitation," Hodge commented.

"You're already old with your grey ass hair," Darren snickered, eyeing his friend's greying hair.

"I'm not old, you fucking twat. It's genetics," Hodge glared at Darren, who was laughing.

I looked up at the sound of some people laughing. Raven walked in with Addison, next to her. They were laughing rather loudly, oblivious about all the heads they turned. Raven had changed her outfit to a black tight fitting bodycon dress, with thin straps. It hugged her in all the right places, accentuating her curves.

"Hi!" Raven greeted, eyeing Darren and Hodge. They both stood up to greet her, Darren shaking her hand gently. "I'm Raven," she introduced herself.

"Darren Wallace," he said, "Lovely to meet you Mrs King," he said. I almost cringed at the name. I can tell that made her uncomfortable, but she shook it off as she greeted Hodge. Like the gentleman he is, Hodge kissed the back of her hand, making her smile.

"Nice to finally put a face to Luca's angel," he said with an easy smile. Raven looked definitely charmed by his aura. Tilting her head to look at him closely. "Hodge Saltzman,"

"I feel like I've seen you before," Raven said, looking at Hodge, who let out a wide dimpled smile. Darren snickered under his breath.

"Uh...Declan Hanigan...?" Hodge said. Raven frowned. "Her Soul To Devour?" He went on. Raven was still confused.

"The book cover," it suddenly clicked when Addison mentioned the book cover.

"Oh," she gasped. "Now I remember," she said. "I thought that..." she trailed off. "I'm sorry, but is this really your hair?" She inquired.

"Yeah, it is," he answered politely, not the least offended. When his hair started greying, he didn't take it lightly. Over time, he came to love it. He never dyed it though, which says a lot. "I'm not that old, if that's what you're wondering," he went on, making everyone laugh. "It's just...genetics," he shrugged.

"Cool," Raven surprised him by saying.

"Cool?" He repeated, tilting his head. "No...you look like an old man?" He said. Raven scoffed, looking away. Her eyes met mine briefly, before turning back to Hodge. "Baby boy, you look anything but old," she said. "And dare I say, it suits you. Not everyone can pull it off,"

Hodge's reaction indicated that he didn't expect that. He was both speechless and rather, intrigued by Raven. He smiled, thanking her with yet another kiss at the back of the hand, successfully making her blush this time around. I can already see his ego inflated by Raven's complimentary words. I fought the urge to growl, jealousy surfacing. Luca's hand made its way to my thigh, squeezing comfortably.

"Daddy, tell her," I turned to see Addison looking up at Darren. He looked down at her lovingly and smiled.

"I almost forgot, thank you sweet pea," he pecked her lips and turned to Raven. "I've been meaning to talk to you,"

"Me?"

"Yes. I've worked for the West Ink Publishers and...they fired me," Darren said. "For obvious reasons. I used to do voice overs, you know, for Audiobooks," Raven nodded, listening. "I submitted three of my books to them and they rejected them because of explicit content." Raven hummed, deep in thoughts.