| 30 |

| Luca |

"You're almost ready, love?" Shaun walked in the bathroom, fixing his tuxedo.

"Yeah," I murmured, peeling my eyes off the mirror to carry on with what I was doing. Not long, I felt arms wrap around me, Shaun's cologne enveloping me. I let out a heavy sigh, sinking back into him. Neither of us said anything.

I felt tired. Exhausted. After a very long time, I had a panic attack and it left me a mess. A horrible tiring mess. I feel like I'm going to pass out anytime from here onwards. I don't understand how this feeling can just kick in so quickly. I'm physically exhausted and yet my mind is driving me crazy with all the horrible events I had to experience years ago.

Even after going to the Spar, as per Shaun's request, I still can't relax. I keep thinking about that photo. That day. The hospital. It's all coming back so fast, I'm losing control over myself. I don't know how I'm going to get through the night.

"Baby, bunny will understand if you can't make it-" I shook my head, turning in Shaun's arms to hug him, burying my nose in his neck. "Don't push yourself baby," he said gently, rubbing my back.

"She's going to worry if we don't show up," I whispered. "I'd hate to ruin her event. I just...I'll be okay," I pulled back to look into his eyes. He didn't look convinced. "I'll tell her. Just..." I swallowed, blinking any traces of oncoming tears. "I need time," I whispered breathlessly.

I hate how weak this makes me feel. It's pathetic. We haven't heard from her in years. I was doing fine. Except. And now...It's all gone. I feel like I'm back to square one. All it took was a photo.

Shaun pulled back and sat me down on the counter. Without another word, he began fixing my tie. "It's fine, I can do-"

"Hush," he said lowly. "Let Daddy take care of you," he said with a smirk. I found myself smiling, my face heating up. I let him do the rest without argument. He fixed my hair as well and clasped the gold cufflinks in place. "Now," placing his hands on my shoulders. "Look at me," I raised my eyes to meet his. "If you feel like you're going to have another panic attack or you're feeling down, you tell me, okay? We'll come home," he said. I nodded. "Let me hear you say it,"

"I'll let you know," I said softly before taking a deep breath. "I'm okay, for now," he gave me a curt nod before pressing a soft kiss to my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss. I nibbled on his lower lip, eliciting a groan from him.

"Okay, don't do that," he said pulling away with a soft glare. "We have an event to get to. No need to seduce me," I laughed at his visible flushed face.

"How am I seducing you? You're the one that kissed me baby," I pointed out. He continued to glare at me. "Okay, no more seducing," I offered with a teasing smile.

He helped me put on my tuxedo jacket and before I know it, we were ready and out the door.

This night better be good.

The lights flashed before my eyes as I came out of the car, taking Shaun's waiting hand. I plastered a smile for the paparazzi. Shaun and I made our way in. My eyes stung from the constant flashes.

The venue was very modern, adorned with different kind of floral from every corner. Crystal chandeliers hung from the sky ceiling, illuminating the place, along with the lights. The whole place had dark interior design, to complement the theme color. As we go through, the music got louder.

Shaun and I greeted all the familiar faces we came across. There weren't many people here. It was just an hour before the event began.

"Do you see her?" I asked Shaun, looking around. I was too eager to see her.