| 67 |

| Shaun |

"Thank you, I'll let you know," Luca and I raised our heads as bunny walked into our room. I sucked in a sharp breath, my eyes glued to her ass. The pencil skirt suddenly looked tighter than it should have been. Or maybe it's my fucking horny eyes.

Clearing my throat, and gaining her attention in the process, I grabbed the pillow and placed it in my lap, hiding the raging boner inside my sweatpants. It doesn't help that I went commando. Luca shifted next to me.

"How fast do you think it will be? Like what are the chances?" I only caught glimpses of her conversation, not that I wanted to listen. "What about the trial? Is it solid or do we need more evident?" and that got my attention. "Okay...then, what do I do?" she frowned, halting by the closet. "I don't know, let me check with Ian first and I'll let you know," she said. "Thank you," she said before hanging up. Luca and I exchanged a look. "Hi guys," she greeted throwing her phone on the bed.

"Hi baby," Luca and I chorused.

Raven disappeared into the bathroom. "Do you think she's talking to Augustus?" Luca inquired lowly. "Our new lawyer,"

"I doubt it," I said leaning back on the headboard. "She said something about a trial. We're not subjected to a trial," I turned to him. He eyed the closed bathroom door, biting on his bottom lip. "You okay?" he didn't move for a good measure of time.

"I want to tell her," he said then, his eyes finding mine. "Everything. I don't want to keep things from her. Even if they sound irrelevant. I mean...she did just help us," Luca looked nervous, fidgeting with the ring on his finger. I took one of his hands and gave it a squeeze. "I'd hate it if we lost her, when we just got her," he murmured quietly. "And it'd break my heart if she stopped...loving us because of what we did. Or worse, she gets scared of m-me," he said shamefully.

"Don't think like that," I said pulling him to my side. "You have to give her a little credit, okay? Bunny's strong. And I guess she's not as naive as we'd thought," I said with a sigh. Gone were the days when she was just an innocent little girl. Oblivious to all world's cruelty. And I guess Luca and I wanted to keep her in that bubble.

We just never realized that she's growing into this wonderful strong woman she has become. And while that's really amazing and something to be proud of, I can't help but think that I failed her. I failed to protect her like I'd vowed I would. Just because she can handle everything doesn't mean she has to. And on top of that, I'm burdening her with all of this unnecessary stress, all because of that bastard Sandy.

"We'll tell her," I concluded, letting out a shaky breath of my own. "Don't be so hard on yourself, okay?" I wounded an arm around Luca, pulling him in for a side hug. "I don't like it when you're stressing yourself like this,"

"Well...I can't help it," he muttered, resting his head on my shoulder. "I don't want to lose her,"

"We won't lose her, okay?" I promised, planting a gentle kiss at the top of his head. Luca and I stayed in silence for a while. I could hear the shower running. "Have you thought about the date?" I asked Luca.

Shifting his head on my shoulder to look up at me, confusion written all over his face. "For our wedding day, silly," his eyes widened and he sat up quickly.

"Wait, what?" he said dumbfounded. "I didn't...well, I thought that maybe we wouldn't...get married until a few months later,"

"Is that what you want?" I asked him. He bit his lip, turning to the window while he thought about it.

"Not really," he said looking back at me, with a soft smile. "If it was up to me, we'd get married tomorrow," he said laughing.

"It is up to you baby. And I'm sure we can arrange for a date in the next month or so," his eyes widened.