| 40 |

| Shaun |

"Can someone explain to me why he's still here?" Raven inquired, immediately sitting down. He looked at us as we sat outside, lazing around. Addison was running around, playing with her son. The bastard left not too long ago, promising to come back and fetch Aaron, since he has school tomorrow.

"It's Addison's decision," Hodge said with a heavy sigh.

"And what exactly is her decision?" She frowned. I knew at some point she'd want to know more about what just happened.

"Well..." Darren and Hodge exchanged looks. "If we were to take him to court, other than Aaron, Addison says she doesn't have enough evidence to sustain her case. She's pretty much...given up,"

"And you two also gave up?" She rose a brow, clearly not impressed.

"It's not in our hands, Raven," Hodge argued.

"How so?"

"She... When it happened, she did tell her parents. Her stepfather especially, who's Jonathan's father. He was married to her mother and she passed away. Needless to say, they're a typical abusive step-family. When she reported, Jonathan's father took his son's side and threatened Addison. In court, it would be her words against his, because there's no evidence. He probably wiped everything since it happened in his apartment. She's afraid that if she takes that step, they'd take her son from her,"

"What if there was another way around this?" My brows rose at that, my interest peekes. "What if we find something? They are literally step siblings and they have a child, isn't that enough?"

"Like he said, it's her word against his. Addison was..." Darren tipped his head, trying to find the right word. "She was a very outgoing person in her college years. They can use that against her and say she threw herself on him..." he shrugged.

"Okay, I can hear you talking, but I'm just not getting it," Raven shook her head. "So ya'll did nothing on your side?"

"Hodge tried to and it backfired. Like we'd expected, they wanted to take Aaron and she doesn't want that," Darren explained. "She was adamant about letting this go,"

"They want Aaron on what grounds exactly?" She asked. "What case do they have? Other than that Jonathan's the father. This doesn't make any sense at all," she shook her head, looking back at Addison chasing a laughing Aaron. "Do ya'll seriously enjoy watching her suffer while that man comes and goes as he pleases?" She was met with silence.

"What do you propose we do?" Darren asked quietly.

"I," she grabbed her phone from the small round table sat in the middle. "Am going to contact Ian and we're going to dig up some shit. Evidence," my eyes widened at that. She's serious about this. "If he finds something. Anything. I'll convince her to take him to court. Him and his fucking bastard of a father. I'm not letting this happen," she said texting the said man. "Also...why doesn't Aaron stay with you guys?"

"It's the arrangement between the family," Hodge said. "I suggested it one time but she shut it down completely. You have to understand she's been living with these people for a very long time and she's scared of making one move,"

"Well, I'm not," she said just as her phone rang. "Ian, I'm putting you on speaker, okay?" She said placing the phone down.

"What's up?" The man spoke up.

"I need you to do something for me," she said. "It's a personal case, so I need you to handle it," she said.

"Alright, who am I killing?" He said making her roll her eyes.

"As much as I'd like you to do that, we're taking the legal approach," she said with a sigh, as if it pained her. "There's a man I need you to look into. Jonathan..." she trailed off, looking at Hodge for the last name.