| 47 |

| Shaun |

"My love, she'll only be gone for a week. We don't have to go. She's probably busy-"

"It's almost time for her to go," Luca eyed his watch for the umpteenth time. "And I heard Darren say something suspicious over the phone. We're just going to check and...say goodbye,"

"We're not saying goodbye, baby. She's coming back," I grabbed Luca's hand and gave it a kiss, keeping my eyes on the road. "She's coming back to us, okay? It won't be long,"

It felt like I was trying to convince myself more than I was Luca. Hearing Raven say all those things, even though they were nothing but the truth, it still shook me. She's compelled to leave but at the same time, she has a very good reason why she's leaving. This is all just...fucked up and my hands are tied. I can't do anything about it. Literally.

And I can't be with either of them without abandoning the other. It's just messed up. I feel torn between the two and I just...don't know what to do.

I parked right outside the door, frowning when I saw multiple cars in front of the building. Raven doesn't allow any parking around here.

"That's not suspicious," Luca said pulling the door open. I followed closely behind, staying close. "Fuck, that's Sandy's car," we both trudged into the building, only to be met with a gun into our faces. I pulled Luca behind me, looking around. There, not too far from a scared looking Shanice, was Raven standing by the elevators, Darren not too far behind. About five men in black stood in front of a calm looking Raven, held at gunpoint.

"Fuck,"

"I'm going to ask you one last time, little girl. Why did you hit my daughter?" Sandy asked.

"The first thing that we usually do is ask the...supposed victim at hand to tell her side of the story," Raven said turning to Sienna, casting a rather mocking smile. "Don't you think daddy dearest deserves to know the truth?"

"Fuck off, you hit me. Look what you did to my face," Sienna fumed. "Now, I can't even go in public-"

"And yet here you are, with your father, holding me at gunpoint in my own office," Raven said. "I should let you know that people are recording this. Wouldn't want bad publicity for a man of...status, isn't that right? Mr Byron?"

"The public is the last thing on my mind-"

"I wonder why,"

"You assaulted my daughter. I'm going to press charges,"

"I didn't hit you," Raven pointed out.

"Well, I'm going to press charges," Sienna interjected.

"And I should let you know that should you resolve to that," Raven's face changed, hardening as she turned to Sandy. "I have just the weapon to fight back," I frowned. "Imagine the difference between the charges. Yours and mine. Combined. It's quite a nasty length of time in jail waiting for you two,"

"Are you threatening me?" Sandy stepped closer, ignoring the guns pointed at him.

"No, I'm just trying to resolve this in a civilized manner. Something that you don't seem to like," she said.

"Says the woman with fucking bodyguards pointing their guns at me and my daughter,"

"A woman needs protection, Mr Byron," Raven said. "I thought you'd know a thing or two about that," she said looking back at Sienna. "Isn't that right, Sienna? You'd need protection with all the...mess you leave behind,"

"Shut your mouth, you wit-"

"What is she talking about?" Sandy turned to Sienna.

"Nothing. She's trying to get to us daddy. I thought you said we shouldn't trust her," Sienna said lying through her teeth.