| 3 |

| Shaun |

I valued the relationship I have with my mother.

So much so that we talk about almost everything you can think of. Well, on her side. I can't possibly tell her about all the stuff I've been doing. Like all those brutal beatings I've done to some men who do so much as piss me or my friend Raven off. Not to mention the man I almost killed for touching my boyfriend.

No one flirts with what's mine. Luca is mine.

We own a corporate business and a club, which has been branching off into four different areas in the last 3 years. Our club is the talk of the town. Even celebrities are checking it out. Our business is booming.

In a business, it is expected that some shady stuff will happen. By shady, I mean that people trying to steal from me and me capturing them and letting my man torture them until they break. My man is secretly a sadist, just as much as he's a masochist. It's sexy as fuck. A fucking turn on.

And anyway, I get to fuck his brains out after, because he gets so hard from all the adrenaline and the pain infliction riles him up.

My mother couldn't possibly know about all of that. She'd be disappointed in me. She'll most likely be afraid of me, because of that mongrel I should be calling my father. If I'd been there, young or old, he'd die in my very own hands.

I've stopped myself from looking for him, so many times, it's ridiculous. My mother has been pleading with me not to look for him. I see the pain in her eyes. The fear this man has inflicted on her.

It makes me angry.

My mother was abused for so long that it took her a very long time to start looking into dating. When she told me this guy asked her out, I had to get her bodyguards, just in case. I wasn't going to stop her if she wanted to go out with that man. I wasn't going to let my guard down either. I won't let her go through the same shit again.

I make sure to investigate whoever she chooses to accept first before things get any further. I'm paranoid like that. Some are harmless. Others are just looking into spending her money. When Luca and I started our business and it went really great, I'd told her to stop working. Before, she'd taken three jobs for the both of us. She worked extra hard to get me into College. Luckily for us, I got a scholarship. She still made sure to send money, even after I told her I was working too.

While I was in College, I was working part time in a mechanic place, fixing cars. I did it so she doesn't have to work as hard as she does. Of course she never listened.

When I finally became rich, I could see how much at ease she was. She smiles more. I've set a bank account for her, since I basically told her to stop working. I bought a house for her. She'd chosen a less 'flashy' house, according to Raven's words. She likes calling our mansion flashy. Both of them don't like big houses. I guess it's a woman thing.

My mother has been traveling a lot lately. She'd always dreamed of doing so. She sends me pictures every time she's in a new place. I'm at ease now that I was able to fulfill her dreams. Now that I can provide for her. For my Queen. I'm grateful to the strongest women I know. Raven and my mother.

I'll continue to work hard for the people I love. I always push myself to work harder, so they can live their best life. It is my duty to provide for them. I'm happy that Luca and Raven decided to work too. Raven has been doing pretty great too. Two years ago, she'd been announced the first black woman to become the youngest millionaire. It's amazing. She's the fourth richest woman in Africa and 23rd in the world.

Luca and I on the other hand, are 1st in Africa and 6th richest in the world. To have made it this far, is a blessing. All thanks to my mother.

I respect the women in my life. Or any woman for that matter. My mother has taught me so much about being a woman in general, through the things she had to go through. The hardships women go through for simply being a woman. It's repulsive how society treats our women. I can't imagine the hardship Raven had to face in building her publishing company because she's a woman and she's black.