I Will Find You (Niall)

I saw the email come in, from that email address that I had become so aquainted with. I winced, knowing what it was going to be, but I could stop myself clicking the link to the video. The video filled the screen, and it showed the normal image to start.

Joanne, my beautfiul girlfriend, tied to a chair in a small concrete cell. Her blonde hair was limp and scraggly, a chunk missing from where they had sent me a piece to prove they had her. Her green eyes had lost their sparkle, and she was covered in bruises. She was wearing the same clothes she had been taken in, an old hoodie of mine and some sweats. They were ripped and covered in blood. It hurt me so much to see her like this, yet I couldn't turn away.

Then he came onto the screen. It was always the same guy, clothed in black and wearing a balaclava. He approached the camera as always and began to talk. "Niall, how are you going? Ready for the daily show? Because here it comes" With that he turned to Jo, and began kicking and punching her, adding to the groups of bruises. 

She refused to let out a noise, as she had through all of the ten videos they had sent me, one for each day she was gone. the police were searching, but had no leads. 

She waved her hand slightly, before starting to point to letters on the ragged hoodie. First the W, then the I, then the C and finally the K. She repeated this over and over, then it clicked in my head. Wick, a small town in the south of England. I called the police straight away, then got in my car.

It took me two hours to drive to wick, and I drove around the small town, lookign for a house that might have a basement. For some reason, one house stood out to me. I parked the car and walked over, trying to keep my footsteps silent. The cops had arrived in the town twenty minutes ago and were going from door to door. I gestured to one, and he followed me as I walked to the house. I looked around the windows, searching for anything familiar. As I came to teh abck of the house I saw a small window at ground level, completely boarded up. 

I pried a board away with my fingers. I peeked through to see Joanne, curled up on the floor. Her body was shaking and with a start I realised she was crying. i motioned the officer over, and he talked into his walkie talkie, getting everyone to this property. They knocked on the door, trying to seem like they were just asking questions while I stood just out of sight, waiting to be let in. 

They had decided that i should be the first one to see Joanne, to try and keep her calm. We had no idea what state she would be in. The police officer in charge gestured to me, and I walked inside, being guided downstairs, to a clsoed door. I opened it slowly. It creaked as I opened it, and Joanne let out a small whimper. "Please don't hurt me" she pleaded as I walked closer.

I kneeled down beside her, "Joanne" I whispered, unable to say more. Her head shot up. "Niall?" My name came out like a question, and I nodded. She threw her arms around me, wincing as she did so. I cradled her in my arms, trying to be careful of her delicate body. "Babe, I gotta take you to the ambulance now". "No" she cried, "they'll hurt me". I carefully stood up, still holding her to me. "Babe, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, I'll be right there with you". She finally nodded, and I began walking up the stairs, trying not to jostle her more than necessary. I carried her to the ambulance and lay her down gently on the stretcher. She clung to me, not wanting to let go. 

"Babe, I gotta lie you down, they need to check you over" I said quietly, and then tried to lay her down again. "Hold my hand" she whispered pitifully. "I won't let go"

She let them check her over, and then I accompanied her to hospitak, where we were met by the rest of the boys.

Then I had to let go, as she was taken to surgery for internal bleeding. As soon as she came out, I was back to holding her hand. I was there when she woke up, holding her hand.

She was let out of hospital a week later, and three months after that we were married on the beach. If anything, her being taken from me made our relationship stronger. I love her so much, and I tell her everyday.