Preference Number Two

PREFERENCE NUMBER TWO

2. You find out you have cancer

Niall:

"Hey" He whispered, "we'll make these last few months the best".  His arms wrapped around me, my face in his chest. I was terminal, and had two months to live. I have thyroid cancer which has spread, around my entire body. Niall kept true to his promise. We travelled. We dined at so many restuarants. We went on hundreds of dates. We finished my bucket list. But it didn't stop the inevitable. It was a Thursday, two months to the day when I was told I had two months to live. I couldn't breath, and Niall told me that I could let go. That it was time. I knew it in my heart. I pulled out all the tubes, the lines keeping me alive, and crawled into his arms. They wrapped around me instantly. Doctors and nurses crowded the room, all telling me to get into bed, but I refused. Niall moved instead, lefting me easily, then settling onto the bed, with me on his lap. It was there I took my last breath and as it shuddered out, I closed my eyes. "I love you" I breathed out, before faling into blackness.

Harry:

When I started these preferences, Harry's ended up being longer han the rest, so I posted it as a one shot, so read that, it is called Sacrifices, and is in this set of one shots.

Louis:

"I can't do this Lou" I whispered. He was by my side in an instant. "You have to babe, you have to stay alive, for me" He said, sraoking my hair. I nodded to the nurse, and she began to the prepare the chemotherapy. She connected me up, and I leaned into Lou, waiting for the torment to start. Lou never left my side, holding my hair when I puked, then rubbing my back when I had no hair to hold back. He put his life on hold, not leaving my side for the three months I spent in hospital. He cried when I received the diagnosis that the tumor wasn't shrinking. He held my hand during every injection. He was there when I woke up from every surgery or procedure. He was there every meal time, coaxing me to eat. He was there when I lost my hair. He was there when it grew back. He was there when I was told that the cancer was gone. He was there when I walked out of the hospital. He was there every time I came back. He was there when I was told that the cancer was back. He was there when they cut pieces out of me. He was there when I cried. He was there when I laughed. He was there when I smiled. He was there when I became depressed. He was there when I was unconsious. He was there when they had to restart my heart. He was there when I died, three times. He was there when, each time, I was brought back to life. He was there when I was in a coma. He was there when I woke up. He was there when I was pronounce terminal. He was there when I was pronounced clean for a second time. He was there for it all. Every single second.

Zayn:

"I'm sorry, but you have ovarian cancer" The doctor said, and I burst into tears. "It isn't life threatning, but it means you will not be able to have children" The doctor said before leaving. I felt arms around me and leaned into them, knowing it was Zayn. "It's okay babe, we'll adopt" He whispered in my ear, knowing what I was thinking, as always. We had been trying for months, so desperate we had seeken medical help. Instead of giving us a child, it gave us this. 

Liam:

"it's not that bad" He said diplomatically, trying not to annoy me. "NOT THAT BAD? Liam, I only have one bloody leg, and you say it's NOT THAT BAD" I sceamed from where I lay on the bed. "Sorry" I said, "I just". He interuppted me, "I know, I know". I began to sob, and he was there, cuddling me tight. "Now, should I take you home?" I nodded. I had had enough of this hospital. It was a blow to me, losing my leg. I was a professional dancer, before my diagnosis. Now I was a girl with one leg, and a stump. "We'll get you dancing again, somehow" Liam said, arm draped over my shoulder. "I promise" He muttered under his breath.