Pain (Niall)

Prompt: Can you please do one where Niall's knee is playing up badly but he doesn't tell anyone and then they are at a concert and he falls and it gets really bad and he has to have his surgery moved up but he doesn't want the surgery any more and so the other boys convince him to do it?

NIALL'S POV

Deep breathes Niall. In. Out. One foot in front of the other. In. Out. The pain was shooting though my leg as I struggled down the hallway. "Two Minutes until places" called out a crew member and I started to speed up, heading for the stage.

I managed to make it to my spot without too much hassle, but my knee was screaming at me, each step causing agony.

"Niall, you okay?" Liam asked, shooting me a worried look. I nodded and the concert started. I tried to stay in the same spot as much as possible but still had to look energetic and happy at the same time.

Louis and Harry were wrestling during the twitter questions while Liam read out one. It was asking me to do an Irish Jig. I stood up shakily, and knew there was no way this would end well. I started to do a jig but my knee collapsed under me and I went down.

"NIALL" The boys screamed, running towards me as one. I tried to stand up but collapsed down again. "Call an Ambulance" Liam called to someone offstage. "I'm fine" I said, trying to stand once more, but Liam held me down. "No you're not. You should've told us earlier" He chastised. I sighed, deciding it was best to stay sitting for a while longer.

The ambulance came and took me away, rushing us to the hospital. The doctor cehcked my knee over, and gave me some pain meds. The other boys rushed in, crowding around the bed. "Mr Horan" the doctor started, "Your knee cap has disconnected from the ligaments and will need to be fixed immediately. We will send a nurse in to prep you for surgery" The doctor then abruptly left.

"I'm not having the surgery" I annouced as soon as the doctor was out of earshot. "Niall you need this surgery, or you may never walk again" Zayn said sternly.

"I don't care, I don't want surgery" I snapped, pulling the blankets  back so I could get out of bed. Louis pushed me back down, and held me there. "Niall, why won't you do this?" Harry asked quietly.

"Because everytime someone I know has had surgery, they've died. I will not have surgery because I don't want to die" I whisepred, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Niall, please" Liam whispered, "Do it for us, do it for the fans, do it so you won't have to spend the rest of your life in pain and in a wheelchair". I looked around each of their determined faces and nodded slowly.

I was taken to theater and put under.

I woke up hours later, a burning sensation in my leg and an annoying beeping next to me. I opened my eyes slowly as they adjusted to the light. I let out a low groan of pain and I heard people jumping up. Zayn's face appeared above me, eyes full of concern.

"Hey" I croaked. "Hey Ni, the surgery went well" Liam said, raising the bed into a sitting position. "That's good" I said quietly.

A/N Crappy ending I know, but I have to go steal myself some brownies!!!