Work It Out (Louis/Liam)

A/N I FINALLY GOT A PROMPT *happy dances* I got it through my tumblr! It's a bit weird, but I can roll with that.

PLEASE: feel free to send me prompts... I REALLY LIKE FILLING THEM :-)

Prompt: Can you do one where it's back at X-Factor but Louis and Liam are brothers and are like competing against each other but then they get put in the band and they fight heaps so the other guys sit them down for like a massive talk and find out the full story and then the boys make up and have a fluffy ending???? Please if you do this I can die happy!!!!!

LOUIS' POV

"It's on, may the better brother win" I chuckled, shaking Liam's hand as the man came out to announce who would be going through to Judges Houses. They started calling names and I was shocked to find that neither my nor Liams names were called. I had thought he would get through, he had always been the better singer.

"Can we please have Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Niall Horan and Zayn Malik back on the stage?" called out one of the stage managers and we all filed out.

"We are putting you in a band" Simon announced and my first reaction was 'YES WE GOT THROUGH', then it hit me, I would be in a band with my little half-brother. I kept grinning though and we made plans to visit Harry's house to get to know each other.

A week later we joined up there, Liam and I arriving in the same car. We got some questioning looks but just joked it off. 

We continued our life like it was at home, which was like brothers. We didn't notice the others sending us weird looks as we bickered back and forth.

"Louis, you need to call mum" Liam whispered as he brushed past me. "I did last week" I called after him. "She's worried, she doesn't believe me when I say you're fine". "I'll call her when I want to" I yelled out, I was the older brother, he can't tell me what to do.

"NO, LOUIS, CALL HER NOW" He roared, the noise bringing the other boys out to the kitchen. "Okay, that is it, both of you sit down now" Zayn snapped. I shrugged and walked out of the room, only to be pulled back by Harry. "Sit" he commanded and I sat.

"Over the past few days we have put up with you two bickering and yelling and we've had enough. Go on, clear the air, whatever is pissing you off, get it out now" Zayn continued.

I sighed, time to come clean. "I'm sick and tired of him always being a good guy. I have grown up with my mum and step-dad fussing over him. 'Oh look, Liam got another A+' 'Louis why can't you get good grades like your brother'."The others looked confused and Liam jumped in. "Louis' parents split up when he was a kid, and his mum remarried. He kept his mother's last name. His mum and step-dad had more kids, including me. I took my dad's last name." 

Understanding shone on their faces. I stood up and began to walk out. "Louis, don't forget to call mum" Liam called out from behind me and I just shrugged, making my way to the pool. I changed into my togs and dove in, swimming lengths back and forth until my limbs screamed with exhaustion.

I looked up to see a figure standing at the edge of the pool. I surfaced to see it was Liam, holding out a towel. I took it thankfully and wrapped myself in it. I got changed quickly, before heading back to my room. Liam was sitting there and I sighed, turning around to walk back out. "Louis, wait, I want to talk" he called out and I walked over.

I sat down on the bed. "I had no idea you felt that way Lou, why didn't you tell me?" I shrugged. "I had to go through the same thing you know, 'Why can't you be as funny as Louis, why are you so quiet, Louis isn't" He whispered. I looked over to see he was crying. 

"Liam, why are you crying?" I asked quietly. "I want to go back to how we used to be. Best friends, and you my older brother" he whispered, a tear slipping out of his eye. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and pulled him to me. "Li, you are always going to be my little brother, nothing can change that" I muttered, hugging him tight.

"Promise?" He asked and I nodded, "Promise, now lets go get some food eh?"