My Liam (PART 2 to Please)

(This is like a continuation of Please, where Harry is finding out about Liam’s accident and finding out his condition.)

I paced back and forth across the living room. Where was he? He was meant to be home an hour ago.

“Harry, calm down” Louis said from the couch. “I can’t calm down Louis, where is he?” My voice was panicked. “Harry, sit” Louis stood up, pushing me down onto the couch, “Liam is fine, he is just running late” His hand went under my chin, forcing me to look at him, “Liam is fine”.

I nodded, finally seeing his point.

It was another hour later when my phone rang. “This is Harry speaking” I answered it, not checking the ID, knowing it would be Liam. It had to be Liam.

“Is this Mr Harry Styles?” the voice on the other end said. It wasn’t Liam. “Yes” I answered cautiously. “My name is Dr Isobel Grey, from WestminsterHospital, we have you listed as the emergency contact for Mr Liam Payne” I stood up, pushing Louis reassuring arm off me.

“What happened?” My voice was urgent, pleading. “We need you to get down here, there has been an accident” Her voice was low and sympathetic. The sort of voice people use when delivering bad news. “No” I whispered, “No”.

I was out in the car in seconds. Zayn drove, because I was in no state to.  We pulled up in front of the hospital. I didn’t wait for the car to stop, throwing the door open and leaping out. I ran in, skidding to a stop as I saw a stretcher being rushed out of an ER bay.

“Liam” I screamed, running to him. He was covered in bruises, connected to machines. He had a tube coming from his mouth. My hand went to my mouth as I fell to my knees. Niall caught me, managing to keep me upright as they wheeled him away.

“Mr Styles I presume?” A doctor said, approaching us. I nodded, leaning heavily on Louis. “Is he? What’s happening?” I gasped out.

“We are taking Mr Payne up to surgery right now, he has severe internal bleeding” She explained. I let out a gasp, almost falling over again. “What happened?” Niall asked.

“His car was hit by a drunk driver. The car careered into a tree.” She said. “The other driver, is he ok?” Zayn asked. “The other driver died on impact” The doctor offered her apologies before walking off.

We sat in that waiting room for hours. Seven of them. Niall was asleep. Louis was tapping endlessly. Zayn was off calling Liam’s family. And I was pacing. Again.

“Mr Styles” I wheeled around, finding the doctor standing there. “Yes” I all but ran to her. “The surgery is done. We managed to clear up most of the bleeding, but we encountered complications when taking him off the ventilator. He cannot breathe on his own.” She said, before pointing us in the direction of his room.

There was another doctor in there. “What are his chances of waking up?” I asked, voice shaking as I sat down in the chair next to his bed. “At the moment he is showing no signs of brain activity so he will not wake up at this point” The doctor said, hanging his chart on the end of the bed before walking out.

“Oh god” I whispered, taking his hand in mine. I took in his appearance. He had a small cut beside his nose, a tube coming out of his mouth but other then that his face was untouched.

He was still handsome, even like this. His hand was still soft, still beautiful and strong. He was still my Liam. Still here. No matter what they said, I wouldn’t give up. He was still my Liam.

My Liam.