The Fourth (Zouis)

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!! OK, so I lost the entire thing... when I went to rewrite it I spent over an hour staring at my laptop screen, then I went and watched over three hours of Downton Abbey... Major writers block... So yea, here it is

Prompt:  your one shots are awesome! can you do a zouis (their not dating) where louis is really strict with zayn more than the other boys, like he won't let him drink more than 1 beer/shot when niall drinks like 20, he makes him take one of the boys with him if he wants to take a walk, takes his phone away if he catches him smoking, and does other stuff that really annoys zayn, zayn confronts him and asks him why he treats him like a baby and not the other boys and louis finally admits its because he's in love with him.

"Guys I'm going for a walk" Zayn yelled through the apartment as he opened the front door.  "Wait, Zayn" Louis called, leaping down the stairs and skidding to a stop, "Can I come?". Zayn sighed, it wasn't that Louis couldn't come, just that he hadn't gone on a walk on his own for weeks, and he really needed a smoke.

His walks were when he smoked, and he didn't take them often. Every walk he had taken in the past three weeks, Louis or someone else had been with him.  Zayn was desperate for a smoke.

"Sure" He nodded and Louis grinned. It did make Zayn happier, to see his friend grinning madly, just because he agreed to take him on a walk. 

They began walking, chatting about random thoughts. They ended up passing a shopping centre and Louis darted inside, saying he'd only be a minute. Zayn let out a sigh of relief, knowing Louis would be gone for at least half an hour and that left him time for a smoke. He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. He pulled it to his lips and took a long drag, inhaling the smoke.

"Okay, done" Louis exclaimed, stepping out of the doors. Zayn dropped the cigarette quickly, trying to make it seem like he wasn't smoking. Louis' face fell in disappointment.

"I'm sorry Lou" Zayn whispered, not liking the look of disappointment on his friends face, and knowing he had caused it. "I thought you were trying to quit" Louis whispered. Zayn nodded, ashamed, "Its hard, and sometimes I just can't resist". 

Louis gritted his teeth, walking over to Zayn. "Hand them over" Zayn obliged, handing the pack of cigarettes to Louis. Louis grabbed them before throwing them into a rubbish bin. "And your cellphone" Zayn sent him a look of shock. "New consequence, if one of us catches you smoking, you give up your phone for the rest of the week" Louis stated, voice stern.

Zayn handed over his phone, knowing not to mess with Louis when he was this mad. They began walking home, and Louis didn't say a word. They got home and Zayn went straight to his room, while Louis explained the new rule to the rest of the boys.

When Zayn came down for dinner the other boys were already seated around the table. He sat down and Louis handed him a plate. Zayn grabbed his fork and was about to dig in when Louis pulled the plate back slightly. "It's still too hot to eat" Louis stated, before pushing the plate back to Zayn.

Zayn ignored him, digging in and inevitably burning his tongue. Louis followed him as he raced to the kitchen to get a glass of water. "Told you" Louis muttered, unable to resist. Zayn looked up angry that his friend was treating him like a small child.

"Why do you keep treating me like this?" Zayn snapped, losing his temper. Louis jumped slightly at the harsh tone. "Because I don't want you to get hurt" Louis said, leaning casually against the counter.

"You don't treat the other's like that" Zayn stated, "Why me?" He advanced towards Louis, standing right in front of the slightly shorter boy, almost nose to nose. "Because" Louis searched around for an answer, an answer that wouldn't get him thrown out of the band.

"Because what?" Zayn spat. Louis flinched slightly, scared. Zayn instantly softened, wrapping Louis in a hug. Louis melted into him. "You can tell me Lou, I won't hurt you" Zayn whispered, wondering what had gotten louis into this state.

Louis mumbled something into his shirt. "What was that Lou?" Zayn asked, pulling him up slightly. "I'm gay" Louis whispered, looking down at his hands and waiting for the name calling and teh beating to start. "And so what?" Zayn said, lifting Louis' chin so they made eye contact.

"I've only ever told three people that. The first one beat me up. The second one was fine with it, and felt the same way about me and then the enxt day he was hit by a car and died. The third one called me names and refused to speak to me. You are the fourth" Louis was crying now and Zayn wrapped him in another hug. "Oh Louis, it's gonna be ok" Zayn whispered, wondering how someone could hurt such a kind person.

"No it's not" Louis mumbled, causing Zayn to look up. His face asked the quesion, why? "Because I've fallen in love with you and you will never feel the same way" Louis voice was almost inaudible and Zayn jumped slightly.

Louis pulled himself out of Zayn's grip and started towards the stairs. "Where ya going?" Zayn asked. "To pack my stuff, you guys won't want me around any more" Louis asked, all emotion gone from his voice. "Louis" Zayn called out after him but Louis just shrugged and kept climbing.

Zayn ran after him, grabbing the lad by the shoulders and spinning him around. Louis started to speak, but Zayn didn't let him get any words out, instead he thrust his lips to Louis'. Louis responded instantly, kissing back passionately.

"Guys, what's taking you so..." Liam didn't finish his sentence as he saw what the two boys were standing on the stair doing. He crept out of the kitchen slowly, leaving them to it.

The two lads on the stairs broke apart, looking into each others eyes. "If you'd let me speak, you'd know I feel the same" Zayn whispered, leaning his forehead on Louis' chin. 

"Really?" Louis asked, grin growing on his face. Zayn didn't answer, instead brought him down for another kiss.