Secrets (Louis) (Hybrid)

"Guys, you go on, I'm not feeling up to it right now" I said, trying to hide my discomfort. "Okay, well if you insist" Liam said, before walking out with the rest of the boys. I heard the front door click close and then I jumped up, running to my room as fast as possible.

I reached my room and changed into my 'special' sweats, which were just normal sweats with a whole cut in the back. I pulled my tail through, letting my ears spring upp from where they were concealed in my hair. It was very painful to keep my tail and ears hidden all day.

I was half cat, caused by some genetic disease when I was in the womb. I have had to keep my true self hidden most of my life, because of what others will think. I roll my tail up and tuck it into my jeans each morning. I flatten my ears, and hold them there all day. I try to hide my distaste for dogs. And then probably the most painful, I shave off my whiskers every second morning.

I walked back to the kitchen. I grabbed out the milk and carefully poured it into a saucer. It was one of my worst habits. I liked to lap milk up from a saucer. 

I finished my milk quickly, standing up and washing the dish before putting it away. I was walking down the hallway to my room, when I heard the front door open. I quickly whipped around, concealing my tail behind me. I flattened my ears, hissing at the pain. "Lou, you ok?" Harry asked, a concerned look on his face. "Yea, fine Haz" I croaked out, failing to sound fine. 

"Lou, what's wrong?" He said, walking closer. I ignored his question and asked my own, "Why are you back early?". "I forgot my wallet, but thats not the point" He said, grimacing at my attempt to change the subject.

He stepped even closer and I backed up, my back hitting the wall. "Lou?" he whispered, "Are you scared of me?" I shook my head, and he stepped closer. I flinched. "You are" He said, hurt showing on his face. "Why? Why Lou?". I shook my head, trying to dodge away withou turning my back to him. "Why?" He whispered one last time.

"Because you'll hate me" the words slipped out, and I clamped my hands over my mouth, wincing as my hand hit one of my shaven whiskers. "I could never hate you, you're my best mate" he said, pulling my hands down. "I can't tell anyone" I whispered, looking for an escape route. "Please Lou, tell me, and maybe I can help" He looked so earnest, so affectionate that I had to tell him.

I opened my mouth to tell him, but no words came out. "C'mon Lou, please" He pleaded with me. I said nothing, but let my ears spring up from my head. He didn't notice, so I slowly turned around.

I heard a sharp intake of breath as he gasped. I felt tears begin to fall down my face as I began runnign to my room. I barged into my room and began packing, throwing all my belongings into a suitcase. Harry followed me in. "What are you doing?" He asked, trying to stop my from packing. "I'm leaving, you obviously think I'm a freak" I said, continuing what I was doing. 

"Louis" I ignored him. "Louis" he tried again. "LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON YOU LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW" I jumped when he screamed and then shakily turned to him. "You are not a freak, and you are not leaving" He growled forcefully. His hands went to my shoulders and he pushed me down so I was sitting on my bed. "Now, tell me the whole story"

And so I did, starting from the very beginning. After I was done, he reached his hand out and stroked my tail. I jumped in shock, no one other than mum had ever touched my tail. He continued stroking my tail, which was fluffy and tortoiseshell. "No, Louis, don't" I yelled in my brain, "LOUIS, DON'T" I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let out a massive purr, my entire body vibrating with the sound. Harry jumped slightly, then continued stroking my tail, grinning wildly.

I nuzzled into his chest, purring loudly. "You're my best mate Lou, I don't care what you are" He said quietly.