Every Three Months (Larry)

It’s been three years since One Direction broke up.

It was amicable. They stayed friends, for the most part.

Liam started a charity, helping families with sick kids like people had helped his family when he was younger.

Niall went back to Ireland, settling just a few miles away from where he grew up, working in a bookstore.

Zayn when back to school, majoring in Graphic Design at ManchesterUniversity.

Harry went solo, starting his own career. He went big, putting out three singles in his first year away from One Direction, an album that went to number one and stayed at number one for seventeen straight weeks in the second.

And Louis. Louis disappeared. The day after the paperwork was signed, declaring One Direction no longer a band, Louis left. He packed up his belongings and caught the first plane out of London.

No one had heard from him since.

They would meet up every three months, at a coffee shop somewhere in the world. A couple of times it was in Manchester, at Zayn’s university. They met in London a couple of times. Ireland a few times as well, when Niall couldn’t get flights out. Once they even met in Spain, while Harry was doing a promotional European tour.

It was Liam’s turn to choose the café this time. He chose a hole in the wall coffee shop, just on the Seine in Paris. He was there on behalf of his charity, Zayn was on break. Harry had just finished a tour of France and was flying back to London out of Paris that evening, and it was only a short flight for Niall, so it seemed best to meet in Paris.

All four of them arrived at around the same time, Harry in a car with his two bodyguards, who were going to stand by the door of the café. Niall arrived by taxi, having just arrived from Ireland. Zayn walked in, he’d caught the train from the small hostel where he was staying. Liam rode on his scooter, parking just around the corner.

They all sat down and began chatting, going over the last few months as a young waitress took their orders, before heading to the back of the store relaying the orders to the twenty-something year old that made the drinks, humming away.

“Je suis juste sauter hors de fumée, tu peux servir les boissons?” The girl yelled out, taking her apron off and grabbing a coat, heading for the door before she got the answer. (I'm just popping out for a smoke, can you serve the drinks?)

“J'ai presque fini, tu ne peux pas attendre une seconde?” Came a yell back, the person obviously trying not to laugh.

The girl yelled back ‘no’ in French, before stepping outside.

The man in the kitchen sighed, gathering up the four drinks before stepping out into the main room of the café, freezing when he saw the four boys sitting there, chatting away, not yet noticing him.

Harry was the first to look up, wondering what was taking the drinks so long. He froze as well, then, “Lou?” He asked quietly, making the rest of the boys look up.