Preference Number One

He catches you attempting suicide

Niall:

I gathered the pills in my palm and raised my hand to throw them in my mouth. The door burst open, showing Niall. He was panting, having just run from the studio. He had obviously got my goodbye text. He hit my hand, causing the pills to drop to the ground. “Don’t you ever think about leaving me like that” He growled, sweeping me into a hug. I began to sob, leaning into his chest as his arms cradled me. “Never” He muttered.

Harry:

“I love you Harry” I whispered, walking away from his sleeping form. I closed the door to the bathroom and pulled out the small blade I had concealed in the drawer. I sat on the floor and pushed the blade into my skin. I heard a groan from the other side of the door as Harry woke up and I pressed the blade harder, wanting it to be over. “Hey, Y/N you in there?” I heard him asked through the door and suddenly I began to regret my decision. “Harry” I gasped out, my strength fading, “Help”. The door bust open and he was there, applying pressure to the wound. He bandaged me up and then carried me to the bedroom, where I lay, curled up on his chest listening to the pounding of his heart “I’m sorry” I said quietly. “Don’t be, just talk to me, don’t push me away”. I nodded and drifted off to sleep.

Louis:

I stood over the edge of the cliff, ready to jump. I heard pounding footsteps, then suddenly I was falling sideways. I had been tackled to the ground. “What are you doing?” Louis yelled, helping me to my feet. He kept an arm wrapped around me, stopping me from jumping. “I can’t take it any more Lou, they hate me so much”. I could see the shock on his face, and then his arms were cradling me to his chest as he walked away from the cliff. “This won’t help anything, it will only make things worse” I shook my head, “But it will make the pain go away” I whispered. “But you will hurt everyone who loves you”. It took an hour of sitting in the car, him repeating how much people loved me over and over before I got it. And we drove home. And Louis never let me out of his sight for months.

Zayn:

“Babe, I know what you are thinking” Zayn said, looking me in the eyes. “Don’t do it”. I shook my head, “I can’t cope with the hate anymore Z, I just want to go”. He leapt up, heading to the bathroom. He came out carrying all of our razors, painkillers, and medicines and then grabbed his phone. He dialed quickly, keeping his eye on me, to make sure I didn’t take any. I was sitting on the bed in the hotel room. “Louis, can you come here please?” Zayn said before hanging up. Soon there was a knock on the door and Zayn opened it to let Louis in. Zayn handed him everything from the bathroom, “Get rid of this please?” Understanding shone in Louis’ eyes and he left in a hurry. Zayn kneeled in front of me. “I love you too much to let you do this to yourself”

Liam:

I swallowed the last pill, feeling it settle with the rest in my stomach. I could already feel the effects kicking in. Liam entered the room, looking happy. His expression changed when he saw me leaning against the wall, an empty packet of pills next to me. “No, Y/N, NO” He yelled, running over. He lifted me up and carried me to the bathroom. I grew limp in his arms, but responded to his pleas to stay awake. He positioned me over the toilet. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry” He said over and over. I started to get scared through the haze in my brain. He gently pushed his fingers down my throat until I began gagging. He held them there until I vomited. He counted the amount of pills that were in the vomit then sighed. “I’m sorry” He said once more, before pushing his fingers back into my mouth. Once I was done, he counted the pills once more, before cleaning me up. “All done” He said, lifting me up again and carrying me back out to the bedroom. He laid me down and handed me a glass of water. I gulped it down, throat sore from vomiting. “Don’t you ever do something like that again” Liam said softly, stroking my hair. “I love you too much to let you go”. “I don’t want to live anymore Li” I said quietly, knowing he would hear me. “Listen to me, if you go, I follow”. I sat up in shock; “No” I squealed out, Liam couldn’t kill himself because of me. “Yes, I can’t live without you”. His arms pulled back down. “Go to sleep” He murmured, tucking me into bed and wrapping his arms around me.