Harriet

"Yo, Styles" I screamed out over the screams of the fangirls. I saw the brown curly head turn towards me, then my twin brother was sprinting towards me. He grabbed me in a massive hug. "Hey Harriet" he grinned. "Hey Harold" I said back.

Our parents had decided to be funny when naming us and called us Harriet and Harold. It would have worked except we now both go by Harry. So we called each other by our full names to avoid confusion.

"So Harry, is this your girlfriend?" said a voice from behind him. I looked over to see a boy with a striped shirt and red pants looking at me. "You must be Louis" I said, making eye contact. He jolted backwards, obviously seeing exactly Harold's eyes copied in my face. I had his hair as well, we were identical twins except for the fact I was a girl.

"Harriet Anne Styles, pleasure to meet you" I said, reaching out my hand. "So Louis, was it his girlfriend?" Three more boys came out from behind Louis. Louis shook his head, still seeming to be in shock. "Why didn't you tell me Haz?" Louis asked still shocked.

"I didn't want him to, I didn't want my existence to get out, I like a private life, which is why I love living in France" I piped up. The other boys still seemed pretty confused, so I looked straight at them. The blonde one seemed to get it first, his eyes widening in shock. 

"You..." he gestured between Harold and I, "Twins?" I nodded and his jaw fell open. It was quite comical.

"Harriet" I said, shaking his now outstretched hand. "So why are you back?" One of the others asked, Zayn I think.

"Healthcare" I stated, as Harold picked up my bags. "Not for me" I said hurridly as they all, except Harold turned to me in shock.

"So Harold, how is life going?" I asked as we left the airport. "Why do you call Harry Harold?" Liam asked before Harold could answer. I laughed. "Because otherwise we would get really confused, because I go by Harry as a nickname as well, so when we are together it's easier to just use our full names" He nodded in understanding, "Or we use our middle names, so he calls me Anne and I call him Edward". 

They dropped me off at the hospital. I made my way inside, the patient I was visiting had been flown over from Paris in a helicopter, while I had to take a flight a few days later. "Hey baby" I said quietly as I enter the room, dropping my bag on the floor. "Hari" chirped the small girl on the bed. 

She had blue eyes and fluffy blonde hair. Her name was Lucy and she was two, almost three years old. She wasn't mine, she was my best friend, Nancy's daughter. When Nancy died in a car crash when Lucy was a month old, I adopted Lucy, not wanting her to grow up in the French foster system.

When Lucy was just over a year old, she started to get sick all the time, fainting and vomiting. I took her to a hospital and it was there that we found out she had a deformed heart.

Three weeks ago Lucy had a heart transplant. It all went well and she was due to be realised any day now. She had been transferred here because the follow up healthcare was good and I wanted her to grow up speaking English and knowing her grandparents. I didn't know who her father was.

I had been living in France since Harry joined X-Factor, knowing that he would go big. I still got asked at university whether I was related to him when my name was called out, but it was easy to pretend to not know who they were talking about.

A doctor came in, a big smile on her face. "Lucy can go hoem today" She announced, handing me a pile of papers to sign. I signed them all, then picked up the little girl, who was already dressed. We were moving in  next to Harold, he had organised it for us. He alone knew about Lucy. Mum and Robin didn't know and neither did Gemma.

We caught a taxi to the apartment building. "You ready to meet Uncle Harold?" I asked her and she nodded excitedly. She used to call me Mama, but I tried to not let that happen. I aslo showed her heaps of pictures of Nancy, so she knew who her mum was.

I knocked on the door of the band's apartment and Harold opened it. "Hey Harriet" He said before turning to Lucy. "And you must be Lucy, I'm your uncle Harry" He chirped, tickling her tummy. She squealed and ran into the living room. 

I heard gasps from the boys who were obviously sitting here. "Lucy, remember what the doctor said?" I chastised as I walked in behind her. Lucy looked up at me and pouted, "No rwunning till she say I cwan". I nodded and she walked to Harold, who lifted her into his arms. 

"Guys, this is my adoptive daughter, Lucy" I introduced. 

Later on, I put Lucy down for a nap. I laid her down and she fell asleep quickly, in Harold's bed. I watched her sleep for a bit. She was so like Nancy, in looks and character. And god, she was sassy, a quality she must have inherited from her father.

I walked back downstairs, sitting down on the couch. "You know, Lucy reminds me of this girl I met in Paris" Louis commented, leaning back. "When were you in Paris?" asked Zayn, confused. "About a month before X-Factor" He said, thinking back.

"Oh no" I groaned, putting my head in my hands. "What?" Harold asked. "Louis, what was the girls name?" I asked quietly, trying not to panic before it was confirmed. He thought harder, before coming up with an answer. "Nancy Redgrave" He said solemnly, confused. "Did you meet her in May?" I whispered, my voice threatening to break.

He nodded, "and did you?"  didn't finish the sentence but I think he got the idea. He nodded once more. I groaned. "Why are you asking him this?" Liam seemed to be getting mad.

"Lucy was born in Febuary, nine months after May. Her mother was Nancy Redgrave" I whispered and Louis jumped up in shock. "Are you saying... Lucy is mine?" He whispered. I nodded and he grinned. "I've always wanted a daughter" He jumped slightly, then his face grew serious. "Why do you have Lucy? Where's Nancy?" He walked swiftly over to where I was sitting, looking anxious.

"She died in a car crash when Lucy was a month old" I looked up at him, apologies in my eyes. "How did you know her?" Zayn asked from across the room. "She was the first friend I made when I moved to France. She was from London and became my best friend" My voice was breaking so I stopped talking.

Louis went upstairs to explain to Lucy, to tell her he was her Dad, while I made plans to take Lucy to meet her grandparents, who didn't know she existed.

We went the next day. Lucy insisted that Louis came, so he did. He was fully up to date on the last three years and wanted to be a part of Lucy's life, if I'd let him. I knocked on the door of the small house in the suburbs. A sixtyish woman opened the door smiling at us. "Mrs Redgrave?" I asked quietly, and she nodded, "Can we come in?". She led us to the living room, and we all took seats.

"You're Nancy's mum right?" She looked a little shocked, but nodded. "I knew Nancy, in France. We were good friends, and I was in the car with her when it crashed. The thing is, about a month before Nancy died, something really big happened" I told the whole story, leaving no gaps.

We left about a hour later, after Mrs Redgrave had told me that she thought I should keep looking after Lucy. This was mainly because when she asked Lucy if she would liek to live with the Redgraves, Lucy screamed and hid behind my legs, begging in French.

It was all settled. Lucy had a father, and grandparents. I was back with my brother. It was all settled.

A/N I AM GETTING ROUND TO THE PROMPT. I have some writers block but am trying to get past it and write the prompt. It may turn out crappy., but I will keep working on it to improve it