Chapter 129

Amalia POV

I'd woken up before Danielle and Stefania so headed into the lounge. I topped up Jeff's water and let her out into the backyard.

Sitting down on the sofa, I curled my legs underneath me and stared at the pile of unopened gifts in the corner of the room.

I still couldn't believe how many people came to celebrate my birthday with me.

I turned the tv on and clicked on my account on Danielle's Netflix and scrolled until I found a movie I wouldn't mind watching. The Princess Diaries 2.

I was completely lost in the movie and didn't hear any movement around the house until Stefania's voice startled me.

"Buongiorno bambina,"

I jumped slightly, turning to see her enter the room.

"Sorry bella," she giggled, seeing me jump.

"Morning mama," I smiled.

She quickly made herself her morning coffee before joining me on the sofa. Stef sat beside me, lifting her arm and placing it around my shoulders.

I snuggled into her and rested my head down.

"Did you sleep well Amalia?" She asked, running her fingers through my hair.

I nodded against her.

"I didn't wake up even once during the night, I think I was worn out," I laughed lightly.

"You were exhausted last night bella, you fell asleep drinking your milk on mama," she smirked before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Is Danielle still asleep?" I asked.

"Si bella, she was exhausted too. We both wanted to make sure you had the best day,"

"I definitely did mama. It was amazing," I assured her.

"Ahh look, you've still got gifts to open," she realised, pointing to the pile.

"I know, I'm so lucky,"

"You're so loved," she winked.

"Do you want to open some?" She asked.

"Can I?" I replied nervously.

"Sì, certo che puoi," mama nodded.

I stood up to go over to the pile but as I did, a wave of dizziness overcame me. Stefania reached out to steady me.

"Must've stood up to quick," I chuckled awkwardly, not wanting Stef to worry.

She eyed me carefully while I moved over to the corner.

"Any?" I asked, not knowing which one to open first.

"Si bambina, they're yours,"

I reached for the gift that Barrett had gotten me and knelt down on the floor to open it.
I took the paper off to reveal a set of different coloured nail varnishes and glitters with nail art accessories.

"Look mama, I can try to do my own nails now!" I said excitedly, holding up the box.

"You can practice on mine too," she winked, sitting back to have a sip of coffee.

"They're off Jaina and Jay," Stefania said when I picked up two gifts with the same wrapping paper.

I unwrapped the first one to reveal a new pair of Winnie the Pooh pyjamas.

"Look mama it's Winnie!" I grinned.

"Ahhh they're so so cute!" Stefania smiled warmly.

The next present revealed a box containing a pair of UGG slippers.