Chapter 95

Stefania POV

"Mama?"

"Mama?"

"Mama are you awake?"

"Hmmm bambina?" I yawned, opening my eyes a touch and squinting in the sunlight, Jeff still curled in my arms

"Si bambina what is it?" I asked, slightly more awake now and able to give Mali my attention.

"Mom's still not back," she said, standing beside my hammock looking small and helpless.

"That's alright bella, she'll be back soon," I assured her.

"How long?" She asked anxiously.

I sighed scratched Jeff's fur, gently moving her further to the side.

"Come join me bambina," I smiled, opening my arms and gesturing for her to join me.

She looked at me in the hammock and raised her eyebrows.

"Will it hold us both?" She asked, biting down on her lip.

"Si bella, you weigh about 20lbs," I laughed, clearly exaggerating.

She looked at me dubiously.

"Your mom put it up," I said with a smirk.

"Then it will be fine," she chuckled, moving closer.

"You don't trust me?" I joked, helping her climb in.

"I do, I just trust Danielle's DIY skills more," she laughed, laying down beside me.

"Sorry Jeff, you've got to share mama now," Amalia said, reaching over me to stroke Jeff.

"Both my babies on my boobs," I said, wrapping my arm around Amalia as well.

"Mama don't make it weird," she whined, even though she remained with her head resting down on my chest, her hand on my warm skin.

"What! I just like having cuddles from you both," I laughed, running my fingers through her hair.

"And from mom?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Si, and from your mom," I assured her.

"When will she be back?" Amalia asked again, playing with the string tie of my bikini bra now.

"Mali bambina, she'll be back before lunch," I tried to reassure her.

"Okay," she nodded against me.

"You know where she's gone right?" I asked seriously.

"To talk to team about me coming back to work," Amalia replied.

"Si bella, we want to make it as easy as possible for you," I confirmed.

"What does that even mean?" Amalia said frustratedly, attempting to roll onto her side and hide her face in my chest.