Chapter 133

Amalia POV

"I hope you act like that when I'm directing you next week Amalia," Danielle said after we finished our last scene before lunch.

"I'll do my best," I smiled, not really thinking that I'd done an exceptional job today.

It used to be so easy to slip into my character of Aurora because I wanted nothing more to escape from my life as Amalia. But things have changed so much, life as Amalia is pretty good now.

I don't need an escape from reality.

Well, except from when I'm giving time back to younger Amalia. That's a different kind of escape though.

"You were fantastic bambina," Stefania smiled, taking hold of my hand as we walked off set.

"We've got one more scene after lunch Mali but you're all done for the day now," Danielle said, walking alongside us.

"I'll get my schoolwork done," I said.

"Sounds boring!" Carter said, running over to us and overhearing our conversation.

"It's not actually! I'm loving the English course I'm taking, and I've just started a new history module all about the ancient Greeks," I said.

"Nerd," he winked, nudging my arm slightly.

"Take no notice of him bambina, you're a little genius," Stefania said, coming to my defence.

"Math still sucks though," I said, trying to not sound like too much of a geek.

"I'm just happy I don't have to force you to get the work done," Danielle added as we reached our trailer.

"Coming in?" I asked Carter.

"I've got to go to wardrobe and get changed for filming after lunch," he said, gesturing to his own clothes he was wearing.

"I'll catch you later though yeah?"

"Yeah," I smiled as he waved and jogged off.

"That boy is a whirlwind," Danielle laughed when we entered her trailer.

"You need to change out of Aurora's clothes too Mali, I'll drop them back off at wardrobe when I go later," she said, locking the trailer door so I could change.

I didn't bother going into the small bathroom to change, it was easier to change here in the middle of the trailer as there was much more room.

I pulled the jeans and t-shirt off and Stefania took them from me, folding them neatly and setting them down on the side.

"Here bubba," Danielle said softly, pulling my own sweater down over my head before holding my arm as I stepped into my denim shorts.

"Beautiful," Danielle smiled as I stood up from fasting my converse.

I had a few online classes after lunch before Effie was meant to arrive at the security gates.

I had a nervous knot in my stomach.

I'd never really spoken to her on my own. I'd always had either Carter or Danielle and Stef and they would all be filming this afternoon.

What if I didn't know what to say?

What if she realised I wasn't anything like Aurora and just thought I was boring.

"Ready for lunch bambina?" Stefania asked, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I didn't really want anything.

I felt too anxious.

"C-can I just get something later?" I asked her.