Chapter 66

Danielle POV

Stefania and I turned our heads to see where Amalia was pointing.

There, stood on the pebbled beach, were a group of young girls with their phones taking pictures.

"Mali sunshine it's alright," I said calmly, knowing there wasn't much I could do about the situation.

"B-but but pictures," she stuttered, beginning to get worked up and struggle in Stef's arms.

"Bambina it's okay," Stefania said, trying to keep tight hold of her.

"They'll know. Everyone will know about you," she panicked.

I glanced at Stefania and caught her eye.

I gave her a nod, silently letting her know I was okay with it if she was.

"Si bellina, it's okay," she said firmly, locking her eyes with mine.

"Make them stop," Amalia cried, not aware of mine and Stefania's interaction.

"I can go speak to them?" Stefania suggested with a shrug.

"That's up to you my love," I said, grabbing hold of Amalia's arms as she began to get worked up.

Stefania glanced over at the group of about five girls and nodded.

"Here," I said, holding out my arms for our girl.

"Mama no!" She cried at the loss of contact, realising what Stefania was doing.

"Come to mommy sunshine," I said gently, attempting to hold her like Stefania had on her hip.

"No, you need to stop them," she cried, not letting me settle her.

"Shhh Mali it's alright," I whispered.

"Mommy," she sobbed reaching her hands up tot her hair.

"Okay okay beautiful girl none of that," I said quickly, taking her hand away.

"I'm here Amalia," I assured her, moving her so she was almost cradled in my arms.

"Concentrate on the water baby girl. Focus on in flowing over your skin," I said softly, gently swaying us both.

"Let the waves wash over you sunshine. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere," I said as I trickled some water down her arm.

"Where's m-mama?" She asked, finally starting to calm down.

I turned in the water with my girl in my arms and saw Stefania wrap her towel around her before making her way towards the group.

"She's alright sunshine, she's walking over to the girls now. I can see her," I told her.

"Mali?"

"Yeah?" She sniffled, wriggling to get back upright.

I held my arms under her while she rested hers lightly around my neck. I smiled as she lent forward, laying her head against my shoulder.

"Mama and I are okay with people knowing," I whispered, running my fingers through her wet hair.

"You are?" She asked in surprise.

"We've not really talked about it but I know I am. I love Stefania and I know that you and her are meant to be in my life. I'm meant to be with Stefania sweetheart and I don't care who knows that. We didn't share it publicly at first because it was so new to us both. We didn't want that pressure on a new relationship that we weren't sure would work. Your mama was one of my best friends for a very long time. It was a big risk to take," I explained, smiling as I watched Stefania in conversation with the girls.