Chapter 17

Danielle POV

I woke up and was instantly relieved to see that Amalia was still fast asleep. It's not surprising at all, the longer she could sleep this off the better.

Right now she looked so peaceful, like a normal teenager. The reality was far from that.

"I hope you're having sweet dreams baby girl," I said aloud to myself.

"I'm here for you my sunshine," I whispered.

I lay in bed, scrolling through my phone while she slept. I didn't want to get out of bed and her wake up alone and be confused.

All of a sudden, my phone started ringing.

"Shit!" I whispered, quickly pulling back the covers and climbing out of bed.

I reluctantly left Amalia sleeping and headed towards my kitchen. I didn't really want to leave her alone.

"Hello," I said quietly, answering my phone.

"Danielle, why are you whispering?"

It was Stefania.

"Amalia's upstairs asleep," I replied, switching on my coffee machine.

"Care to explain?" She giggled nervously.

I ran through the events of last night with her, feeling myself getting emotional all over again.

"Wow," Stefania breathed out once I finished my story.

"I know," I sighed.

"What now?" She asked.

"Honestly, I've no idea. I don't even know how she's going to react when she wakes up. Poor things going to have the hangover from hell," I said sadly.

"Let me know if I can help at all," she said kindly.

"Thank you, I'll keep you updated babe," I replied.

"I'm free all day, just call bellina,"

"I will, thank you,"

"Ciao bella," she said, saying goodbye.

"Speak later love," I replied, hanging up the phone.

I finished making a coffee and checked the fridge. I had hardly anything in since we'd been away all week.

I poured Amalia some juice for when she woke up and carried our drinks upstairs. I placed the drinks down and climbed back into bed, scutching over to Amalia, who was radiating warmth.

I switched on my tv but kept the volume low, switching to a movie channel and watching whatever was on. Thirty minutes later, I felt Amalia stir beside me.

I let her wake herself up, giving her time.

"Good morning sunshine," I smiled, seeing her open her eyes.

She took one look at me, pushed herself up and jumped out of bed. I followed her straight to the bathroom, grabbing her hair just as she threw her head into the toilet.

"Oh sweetheart," I sighed, gently rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry," she coughed.

"Don't be sorry Mali, just get it all out," I said calmly.

We waited for a few minutes but nothing else happened.

"I don't think you've got anything else on your stomach sweetheart. I'll let you freshen up," I said, standing back up and helping her to her feet.