Chapter 112

Danielle POV

I woke up with my body aching, a physical sign  of the previous days emotions. I'd slept but been restless, my head spinning with a million different scenarios ranging from Amalia being hurt to trying to plan a date for Stefania and I.

But ultimately, I knew that my priority today had to be emailing my therapist.

I stretched my arms out above my head and rolled onto my side to face my sleeping girlfriend who looked so beautiful and carefree as she slept.

I reached out to gently stroke her hair back, uncovering her soft, peaceful face.

There was a soft knock on our bedroom door and I smiled, knowing immediately it was Amalia. The door was pushed open slightly, her head popping around to see if either of us were awake.

"Come in bubba," I whispered, waving her in.

She quietly came over to stand next to my side of the bed.

"Morning sunshine," I smiled.

"Coming to snuggle?" I asked.

"Have you got clothes on?" She asked, blushing slightly.

"I've got shorts and a tank top, you're all good bubba," I smirked, pulling back the covers.

"Come get in the middle," I said, reaching and pulling her over the top of me.

"Mom", she giggled, climbing off me to lay between Stef and I.

"Shhhh, don't wake mama," I whispered, rolling back onto my side and pulling her into me, the two of us facing Stefania.

"You didn't care that I only had my robe when you were cuddling me last night," I reminded Amalia, tickling her lightly.

"Heyyy stoppp," she said, wriggling in my arms.

"And I was upset, I just wanted you to hold me so I didn't care," she shrugged.

"Good, because mommy will hold you whenever you want," I said, kissing the top of her head.

"What are doing today? Are we on set?" Amalia asked, doing exactly what I had and reaching to play with Stefania's hair, running it through her fingers.

"We're all on set this morning for a table read of the next episode. Then this afternoon, we can come home and you can do your school work and you've got Carla coming over at 4pm," I informed her.

"What are you doing this afternoon?" She asked.

"Well, I need to do some work to prep for directing and I also need to reach out to my therapist," I told her honestly.

She rolled over to face me, her head nestling into my chest.

"I'm proud of you," she said, her deep eyes looking up at me.

"I've got to set a good example for my little girl haven't I," I smiled down at her, tucking back her hair.

"You're the best mom anyone could wish for," Amalia smiled.

"I'm trying bubba," I sighed contentedly.

"Hmmm is that my bambina?" Stefania yawned, waking up and seeing Amalia in bed with us.

"Si mama," Amalia giggled.

"I've only just come in though," she added quickly.

"It's okay, you can come in whenever," I assured her, squeezing her gently.

"Morning my love," I said softly, reaching over Amalia to place my hand on her arm.

""Buongiorno bella," Stefania said, my heart beating at her croaky morning voice.