Chapter 7

Amalia POV

I was relieved when Danielle dropped me home and there was only my moms car parked in the driveway.

She saw sat up on the sofa, watching tv when I walked in.

"Amalia hi baby girl," she smiled as I walked in.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was even holding.

She was in one of her good moods.

They never lasted long but at least I knew I was safe for now.

"Go get a drink and tell me about your day," she said.

I did as she told me and grabbed a glass of water before sitting down opposite her.

"So how was your day?" She asked.

"I had some good scenes. We're shooting on location next week for a few days. Danielle said she'd drive me if that's alright?" I told her nervously.

"That's fine, saves me taking you," she chuckled.

"She said she'd get me Monday morning," I added.

"Robert's coming over later," she said.

I instantly felt sick.

"I'm gonna go shower," I said, quickly making an excuse to get upstairs.

After showering and drying my hair, I tried to fix my bedroom door. However, it had come right off of its hinges.

I knew I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight if Robert was coming over. I started trying to distract myself by packing for working away.

I knew I had all weekend but I was already looking forward to getting away from this house for a few days.

My phone buzzed.

Checking it, I saw that Danielle had messaged me. She must've gotten home.

*Hi sweetheart, just checking in to make sure everything's alright. Enjoy your weekend, D*

I smiled to myself after reading her message. It felt so strange having someone worry and check up on me. I knew I had to reply but didn't know what to tell her.

I couldn't tell her the truth.

I couldn't tell her that I was terrified to go to sleep because I didn't know who would enter my room.

I couldn't tell her that my mom might snap out of her good mood at any moment.

I took another deep breath and typed out a message.

*All good here. Have a great weekend*

That will do. Nice and simple.

I quickly ran down to the kitchen to grab a few snacks to stash in my room. I didn't know how long I'd be stuck up here this weekend if Robert was over.

An hour later, I heard the front door open, he was here. I grabbed a book to read and sat on my bed, waiting for the minutes and hours to pass.

As the hours passed, my moms laughter and good mood started to change into the snappy, angry tone I was more accustomed to.

My eyes were getting tired and itchy from trying to stay awake. I couldn't fall asleep. I'd be too vulnerable. I thought a few times about messaging Danielle, knowing that any interaction with her made me feel better.

I packed and re packed my suitcase at least 5 times, making sure I had everything I'd need.

Saturday and Sunday felt like the longest two days of my life. Mom had people over again on Saturday and the partying, drinking, smoking and whatever else they were doing went on well into Sunday morning.