Chapter 126

Amalia POV

"Where're we going mama?" I asked, climbing into Stefania's car.

I couldn't stop smiling, waking up to Stef and Danielle saying happy birthday was a dream come true and felt better than I ever imagined.

I also loved everything they got me. I can't believe how well they know me. If my day ended now, I wouldn't even care. It was already one of the best days I'd ever had.

"Mama just wants to take you somewhere. I've got a little extra gift for you," she said, not giving much away.

"You've already spoilt me," I told her.

"Bambina just trust mama si?" Stefania smiled warmly, reaching over to squeeze my hand.

I nodded and stared out of the window, trying to work out where we were going. 
Stefania made a right turn and I frowned upon realising where we were.

"The hospital?" I questioned her, looking confused.

"Why are we here?"

"Just give mama a second bella," Stefania smirked at my questions as she parked the car.

"Okay," she breathed out, turning the engine off and unbuckling her seatbelt.

I did the same and turned to face her.

"Mama you look nervous. What's going on?" I asked, starting to feel a little nervous myself.

"It's okay bambina," she smiled warmly, reaching to grab a brown envelope from the back seat.

"Why are we here?" I asked her again. 

"Mama will explain, I'm just trying to think of the perfect words for my perfect figlia," Stefania said, reaching for my hand again.

"Daughter?" I asked, making sure I had the right Italian.

"Si bella," she nodded.

"So okay ahhh.."

"Okay bambina,"

"Ahhh okay mama is a little nervous,"

"It's okay. You can tell me anything mama," I assured her, squeezing her hand like she does to me.

"I know that piccola,"

"Okay look at me bella, I'll tell you," Stefania said, taking a deep breath.

I locked eyes with Stefania, feeling connected to her on such a deep level. I trusted her with everything in me and knew whatever she was going to tell me would be okay.

"Mama brought you here because it's the place that Danielle became your legal guardian,"

"I don't want to bring up bad memories bella, I know this is the place that you lost your mom but on that night Danielle signed some papers that's changed your lives. She became your mommy bambina,"

"But I want you to know that on that day, it wasn't just Danielle who became your mommy. I became your mama,"

"My life changed too that day,"

"We may not have had that relationship as quickly as you and Danielle but we got there. I knew from then too that I was your mama, I felt it so strongly and felt so proud that day on the plane when you actually called me that,"

"I love you bambina. I love you so much that my heart aches if I think about just how much. As your mama, all I want if for you to be healthy and happy and I'll do everything I can to support that bella,"

"I don't think either of us needed any more proof that I'm your mama but Danielle and I wanted to make it official,"

Stefania wiped her eyes of falling tears as she handed me the envelope.