Chapter 78

Amalia POV

After reading through the script for the first episode of the new season it was time to break for lunch. People began moving from their seats to mingle and catch up as it had been a long time since we'd all been together like this.

"I'm glad I'm not gonna be the youngest on set," Carter said with a light laugh, turning in his chair to speak to me.

"How old are you?" I asked, checking he was actually older than me.

"Fifteen," he replied.

I smiled and nodded.

"You can keep the title of baby on set," he chuckled.

"Haha yeah," I said awkwardly, secretly not minding that I was babied on set.

I'd never had people look after me like the people here do. They're all so caring, not to mention that I became Danielle and Stefania's daughter.

My stomach suddenly sank.

My mind went back to the letter.

I was their daughter, they couldn't take me away from Dani and Stef now surely.

"You alright?" Carter asked, snapping me out of my head.

"Erm yeah sorry," I said quietly, twiddling my thumbs.

"What do you do for school?" He asked me.

"D-dan my mom has sorted a new tutor for me," I replied, quickly correcting myself.

"I've been begging my mom to pull me out of school and let me get a tutor. It's too hard trying to organise it around set schedules," he explained.

"She's so close to letting me, maybe knowing you've got a tutor here will convince her," he added hopefully.

"I can ask Danielle if my new tutor could be yours too?" I suggested.

"That would be great thank you," he smiled.

He then paused.

"Danielle? As in, Danielle who plays Maya?" He asked.

"Oh erm yeah," I said uncomfortably, not having ever had to explain my relationship with Danielle to anyone before.

"Why would she know about your tutor?" He asked curiously.

"B-because she's my mom," I said nervously, waiting for his reaction.

"Ahh that's cool," he smiled. If he was phased by this his face didn't show it. I'm sure he had questions but he didn't ask any in that moment.

"I'm gonna go get some lunch and have a walk around set to find my trailer. Wanna join?" Carter suggested.

"I'm gonna w-wait with my mom and mama," I said, glancing around the room for them.

I watched as he frowned when I said mama, he definitely had questions now.

"Maybe next time then," he shrugged all nonchalant before getting up out of his seat.

"Yeah next time," I smiled, standing up myself.

I scanned the room, about half the people had left to get lunch, the rest were in small groups engaged in conversations.