Chapter 135

Danielle POV

"Amalia sweetheart, I've got a therapy appointment for myself in ten minutes. I'll be in the kitchen but don't feel like you can't come get me if you need," I told her as I leant against her doorway, watching her type away on her laptop.

She looked up from her screen and smiled.

"Okay, I'm just gonna finish up my schoolwork for the day," she said.

"Finish it?" I asked l slightly confused.

"Mali it's only 10:00 am, what time did you start it?"

"I woke up just before 6:00 and started it then," she said, not seeing that as odd.

"Sweetheart that's a little early to be doing schoolwork, aren't you tired?" I frowned.

"No, I wanted to carry on with my English paper, I wanted to do some more research on the goddess Athena before I wrote anymore," Amalia said, thoroughly engaged with her work.

"Make sure you take a break every now and again though yeah?" I said softly.

"I will mom," she nodded, turning back to her screen. 

"Maybe you and mommy could do something after my appointment? We could open the Lego or do some colouring?" I suggested.

"Yeah maybe, will mama be back for that?" She asked hopefully.

"Stefania's working at Greys all day sunshine, she'll be back for dinner tonight though," I assured her.

I tried to hide my frown at her request for Stefania when I mentioned the Lego and colouring.

She only ever seemed to do anything like that with Stefania. She played ont he hot tub with her dolls but went all shy when I joined. And it was Stefania who was with her when she was colouring and dressing up her Barbies.

She hasn't wanted to do anything like that with me.

I shook it off for now, I could always bring this up with my therapist.

"Okay bubba, give me mommy a kiss and I'll let you know when I'm done okay," I smiled, walking towards her bed.

"Mwahh," I said as I kissed my little girl, watching as she giggled and wiped her lips.

"Hey cheeky," I laughed, ruffling her hair slightly.

My alarm on my phone went off, giving me my five minute reminder to login to my own laptop to video call my therapist.

"Okay bubs I'm going, come get me if you need," I reminded her again.

"I will," she agreed, reaching and putting Piglet in her lap.

I quickly made myself a coffee and sat down on a stool at the kitchen counter, my laptop set up in front of me.

The call started and my therapist came onto the screen.

"Danielle hi," Gemma smiled, as warm and welcoming as ever.

"Hi, good morning," I replied, fully comfortable with her after working with her for a couple of years now.

"So how's things, catch me up," she said, encouraging me to fill her in.

Having previously dealt with more serious mental health issues over the years and worked on anxiety and self love, my sessions now usually involved just talking through current life decisions and stresses.

"Things are good, I'm directing my episode of Station 19 in a few days so there's definitely nerves there but I've put the work in, I feel prepared," I told her.