Chapter 130

Danielle POV

I'd just about finished putting everything away when I heard footsteps down the hall.

Turning around, I saw an exhausted Amalia entering the kitchen.

"Hey baby," I smiled, seeing her lean against the counter.

"Stefania still sleeping?" I asked, handing her a small glass of water.

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake her up so came in here," she told me, taking a small sip.

"How're you feeling?" I said, placing my hand on her forehead to check.

"A little better I think," she said, still looking pale.

"Think you could try to eat something?"

"What if I throw up?" She asked nervously.

"Then we'll deal with it bubba, you could really do with something though," I sighed, squeezing her shoulder lightly.

"But I'll have to make it seeing as Stefania is still asleep," I winked.

"I like your cooking too," Amalia giggled.

"But can I just have some toast?" She added.

"Of course sweetheart, just with butter?"

"Yes please," she nodded.

I made her a piece of toast, she could always have more if she wanted but I didn't want to over-face her. Cutting it into four squares, I placed the plate down in front of her.

She stared down at it, almost as if she were scared of it.

"Just start with one bite," I said calmly, sitting down beside her.

Slowly, she moved her hand to pick up a piece.

"Good girl," I encouraged, needing her to eat.

"We can put another movie on afterwards and chill if you want Mali,"

She took a bite of the toast and nodded.

"Little bit more Mali," I said gently when she didn't take another bite for a while.

"I know it's hard,"

She took another bite.

"Good girl,"

Once she'd eventually managed the full piece, I took her plate over to the sink.

"Do you want anything else bubba?" I offered.

"No thanks mom,"

"Cuddle though?" She asked, holding her arms out to me.

"Of course," I grinned, heading straight to her.

I easily lifted her off the stool and into my arms, carrying her through into the lounge.
Before sitting down on the sofa, I cradled her, holding her close and swaying slightly from side to side.

"Mommy hates seeing you sick," I sighed, stroking my thumb over her cheek while my other arm held her.

"You're a good doctor," she laughed, holding onto me. 

"Then I'm prescribing movies and snuggles," I winked, finally sitting down with her across my lap.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Anything mom," she shrugged, getting comfortable against me.

"Winnie the Pooh?" I suggested, offering her favourite comfort film.

She nodded against my chest.

I found the movie and covered the two of us with a blanket.

"I think we all needed a lazy day after yesterdays busy one but I don't like you being sick," I pouted, holding her a little tighter.