Chapter 153

Danielle POV

"Ahh ahh sweetie it's okay," I whispered, feeling Amalia start to move and wake up.

I'd had a little nap myself, letting her sleep on me the entire time as I didn't want to risk waking her.  

"Shhh it's alright, you're okay," I repeated when she tiredly rubbed her eyes with her fist before sleepily rolling further into me.

"Sit up a little bit," I said, attempting to get her to wake up more.

"Good girl that's it," I smiled, pushing myself further back against the sofa, much more upright now.

"There's my girl," I said, seeing her open her eyes fully and look up as though searching for me.

"How you feeling?" I asked, moving her hair off her face.

"G-good," she said quietly, her voice a little croaky.

"Yeah?" I checked.

"Yeah, I feel better," she nodded, still not 100% with it as she still held onto me.

"You slept for a good while bubs, mommy even fell asleep," I winked.

She giggled and I reached forward for her water bottle and handed it to her, relieved when she took it off me and had a drink.

"Good girl," I smiled, running my arm up and down her arm.

"Sure you're feeling okay?" I checked.

She pushed the lid back down on the bottle and dropped it beside her on the sofa before dropping her head down on my shoulder.

"I don't feel as worked up anymore," she admitted.

"I'm sorry I was bad," she added, playing with the collar of my sweater.

"Hey," I said quickly, tilting her chin up to look at me.

"You weren't bad," I told her.

"But you put me in time out," Amalia said, a pink tint rising on her cheeks.

"You needed to calm down and keep yourself safe. I thought it was the best thing to do but maybe we could both talk to Carla to see what she thinks?" I suggested.

"It won't happen again," Amalia said firmly.

"I hope it won't either bubba but if it does, it won't do us any harm to have a plan in place," I said gently.

"Okay," she whispered quietly.

"Stefania should be back soon with the girls," I said, hoping that changing the subject would help her.

"I can stay with you though right?" Amalia asked quickly.

"Of course but there's no need to worry. Chiara and Vittoria will probably want to chill and relax a bit. Remember how long the flight was back from Italy," I pointed out.

"Yeah I was exhausted," she sighed dramatically, remembering the journey.

"Exactly," I smirked.

I felt Amalia flinch against me when we heard Stefania's key in the front door. The dogs jumped up excitedly and ran over.

"Ciao belli," we heard her say and looked towards to the door to see her coming in, followed by two teenage girls.

"Hi lovelies," I greeted, removing my arm from around Amalia and standing up to greet them.

"Ford, Jeff," I said.

"Stop jumping Ford,"

"Let them get inside," I laughed, reaching to scoop up Ford so the girls could pull their suitcases in the house properly.