Chapter 93

Danielle POV

"Babe are you kidding me?" I said, in disbelief at Stefania's suggestion.

"Bellina I think it's important," she said seriously.

"Not just for Amalia but for you too," she added, straightening the bed covers.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked defensively.

"I mean that you too need a break. You need to work on being away from the bambina as well," she explained.

"You've not been away from her either," I pointed out.

"No but I am willing to. I know I would be nervous about it but I know I wouldn't have a panic attack," she said.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and leant forward, my head resting in my hands as I stared at the floor.

I felt the bed dip beside me, followed by Stef's arm draping around my shoulders.

"Bellina," she sighed.

"I'm worried about you," she admitted.

"You don't need to be, I just need to look after Amalia," I said, not looking up.

"I do need to worry my love, your separation anxiety is getting just as bad as the bambina's," she said sadly, her thumb stroking over the skin of my shoulder.

"How can you be so okay with the idea of being away from her?" I asked genuinely, feeling physically sick at the thought of it.

"I'm not okay with the idea at all bella, but I know it's what she needs to get better. I know it's what you both need," she explained.

I lifted my head and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I don't think I can," I confessed, knowing everything Stefania was saying was right.

"I'm not talking all day bellina. I'm talking an hour, just an hour," she said calmly.

"Maybe you could catch up on the therapy appointments you've been skipping?" She added knowingly.

"Don't worry, I've rescheduled one for tomorrow," I assured her.

"Then we can just go take a walk," Stef said with a comforting smile.

"And who would Amalia be with?" I asked, already stressed about it.

"I've already spoken to Carla, she thinks it would be a good step for Mali to have a private session with her. We would just need to make ourselves scarce, Amalia would still be safe at home,"
she assured me.

"Ohh I don't know," I sighed dramatically.

"What if she needs us?" I asked.

"Carla will be with her. You've seen how great she is," Stefania replied, reaching out for my hand.

"The longer we put it off bella, the harder it will be,"

"You're right," I nodded in agreement.

"Good bella," she smiled, leaning forward to kiss my forehead lovingly.

"But you can tell Amalia, if she says no I'll give in immediately," I laughed, despite being fully serious.

"I'll tell the bambina, you go call Carla to confirm this afternoon," she said standing up from the bed.

"This afternoon? So you already knew this was happening?" I asked with a smirk.

"I wasn't going to back down with this bellina, I do really think it's important," she said genuinely.