Chapter 12

Danielle POV

I woke up early and expected Amalia to be sound asleep beside me. Although when I opened my eyes, I realised I was wrong.

Amalia was sat across the room looking out the window. She looked to be up and dressed for the day.

Checking the time on my phone, I saw that it was only 6:00am.

"Good morning," I yawned.

I watched her flinch as I spoke, she was in a world of her own and obviously hadn't expected me to be awake.

"Amalia sweetheart, are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine," she whispered quietly, turning back around to look out the window.

"It's still early Lia, why don't you try to get some more sleep," I suggested, propping myself up in bed.

"I'm good," she said, picking up her script.

"Come give me a cuddle," I wined, holding open my arms.

She made to move slightly, as through she was going to come over to me. I knew she wanted to but for whatever reason, she stopped herself and  turned back around.

Poor little love.

I decided not to push her and bring up everything that had happened that night. She clearly wanted some space and I could give her that, however I knew I'd be discreetly watching her closely.

My conscience wouldn't let me ignore her.

I lay in bed for a few minutes and scrolled through my phone. I messaged Stefania to say good morning and to let her know I needed to talk to her about Amalia.

I knew Amalia wouldn't be happy if she knew but I had to talk to someone and Stefania was an amazing listener. Plus I knew she'd keep it to herself.

"I'm gonna go shower," I said, pulling back the covers.

Grabbing my wash bag and change of clothes, I made my way into the bathroom. The previous nights conversations were running around my mind. Not only the conversation with Amalia but the one with Stefania.

Had we agreed that we'd give it a go?

It was all new and I felt like an unsure teenager all over again.

I conditioned my hair before switching the water off. Wrapping myself in a towel, I walked back out the bathroom.

Amalia was exactly where I'd left her.

"Wanna head down to breakfast when I'm ready?" I asked her.

"I'm not hungry," she replied quickly.

"Amalia," I warned.

She turned away.

"Can I not just go to hair and makeup?" She asked nervously.

I sighed.

"No sweetheart, it's going to be a long day. You need fuel," I explained.

"I will later," she pleaded.

"Just try hunny. I'll be there," I told her with a soft smile.

She left the conversation there and turned back to her script.
I got dressed and ran a brush through my hair before picking up the hair dryer.

"Ready Lia?" I asked once I was good to go.

Reluctantly, she put down her script and got up to follow me out the door. The hotel restaurant was a lot quieter than it had been the previous evening. Clearly the rest of the cast were leaving it to the last minute to get up and down here for breakfast.