Chapter 157

Amalia POV

"Okay bambini, in you go and get showered," Stefania instructed as we all arrived home.

I'd had a great day but felt very tired now.

Very very tired.

"Stefania we're not babies anymore," Chiara pointed out at the use of Stef's pet names.

"Well you are to me, now go shower," Stef said, ushering us all through the door.

"And be quiet incase Danielle is asleep," she whispered, dropping a few of the bags down by the door. 

"I'm not asleep, you can be as loud as you want," Danielle said, entering the room.

"Mom," I smiled, rushing over to her.

"There's my girl," she said, pulling me into a hug.

I hid my face against her, feeling myself blush at my silly childishness in front of Vittoria and Chiara.

"Hmm you smell like the sea," she laughed, kissing the top of my head.

"Si, we all need to shower and get rid of the sand," Stefania said as she crouched down to stroke the dogs.

"Are you feeling better mom?" I asked quietly, looking up  at her, my arms still around her waist.

"I am sweetie, I went back to bed after you all left and my headache has almost gone," Danielle said, her hand rubbing my back up and down.

"Did you have a good time?" She asked me when Chiara and Vittoria went to shower.

I nodded and watched as she looked across the room at Stefania.

"Stop ittt," I whined.

"Stop what sweetie?" Danielle asked.

"That silent telepathy thing you both do with your eyes,"

"Where you talk about me just by looking at each other,"

"Or at least give each other a look that says you're gonna talk about me,"

Danielle tilted her head to the side and brought her finger under my chin, lifting my gaze.

"We're not doing that bub," she said softly.

"You are, you probably don't even realise it," I sulked.

Stefania walked over to join us.

"We don't mean to bella, Danielle and I just like to keep one another informed of things," Stefania said seriously.

"And do I need to be informed of something?" Danielle asked, now looking a little concerned.

"No," "Si," Stefania and I said at the same time.

I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Mali," Danielle warned.

"Why don't you go freshen up bambina? Chiara and Vittoria are going to get ready to head into town for a few hours and then we can all talk? Unless you want to go out with the girls?" Stef suggested.

I thought about it for a moment.

I was torn between wanting to feel grown up by hanging out with Chiara and Vittoria and wanting to be with Dani who I hadn't seen all day.

The fourteen year old at battle with the six year old again. I scrunched my eyes up and brought my hands to cover my face.

"She's tired," Stefania told Dani.

"No I'm not," I sulked, still hiding my face.

"Come on, let's get you clean and sorted," Danielle said, making a decision for all of us.