Chapter 84

Danielle POV

"Hmm yeah. No she's still not come out of there,"

"I've tried to get her to come and have lunch, she hasn't moved all day,"

I could hear Stefania talking to someone about me through the bedroom door. I didn't know who it was and to be honest, unless it was Amalia, I didn't care.

I couldn't move. I couldn't make myself to anything other than lay on my bed, staring at my phone as I waited for some kind of news.

It has been three days now. Three days without my baby. Three days since I've held her and kissed her and laughed with her and seen her smile.

I felt so incredibly weak.

With each minute my girl was away from me, the life remaining in me felt as though it were being drained.

Stefania had tried absolutely everything to get me to move and do something. After day two of attempting to get me to get dressed and eat, she now just settled for me drinking water.

There was a light knock on the door, I knew it wasn't Stef as she wouldn't bother knocking but even so, I didn't bother to roll over and see who had come in.

I'd find out when they spoke.

I felt the bed dip behind me as whoever had come in, lay themselves beside me.

"Mom's here baby girl,"

Hearing my own mom's voice was enough to get me to break. I turned to face her.

She took one look at me and her face paled.

"Oh sweetheart," she sighed, pulling me straight into her arms.

"Oh my sweet girl," she said as I broke down in her arms, choking on each sob as they weakened me further.

"Breathe Danielle," she instructed gently as she kept me close.

"I need my baby," I cried, letting out what had bees trapped over the last few days.

"I need Amalia,"

"My baby," I wept.

"Shhhh Danielle I know. I know," she tried to soothe.

"Where is s-she?" I said, clinging onto my mom the way Amalia clings to me when she's scared.

"They're doing everything they can Danielle, it's even out in the media now. I promise you they're trying to find her," my mom explained gently.

"I was s-supposed to p-protect her," I stuttered, admitting to my mom the guilt I'd been feeling.

"Sunshine this wasn't your fault. You couldn't have down anything to stop this. She's your baby, you've done so much for that girl, you saved her," she told me firmly.

"I feel like I've let her down. I should've kept her safe,"

"You gave her a mom. You did keep her safe,"

I was about to counter that argument when Stefania pushed open the door.
She saw me in my mom's arms and tilted her head to the side softly.

"I thought you might need your mama bellina. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I'd called her," she said, leaning back against the wall.

"You did the right thing," I smiled gently, imagining that Stefania felt just as helpless as I did.

"Here Stefania, you take our girl here. I'll go make you both some lunch," my mom announced, moving her arm from around me.

"It's okay mom," I said seriously.

"Sweetheart you've barely eaten a thing in three days. I'm your mom, I'm not leaving until I've seen you have something proper," she warned, wagging a playful finger at me.

She closed the door softly behind her and Stefania took her place beside me.

"I hope your don't mind that I called your mom bella. I didn't know what else to do," she explained sadly, rolling onto her side to face me.

"Im glad you called her," I nodded, taking hold of her hand.

"I'm sorry I've been a mess," I added, giving her hand a light squeeze.

"I'd be worried if you weren't bella, I'm a mess too," she said, a tear escaping her beautiful brown eyes.

"It's been three days," I said, stating what we both knew.

"I know. I know," she sighed.

"We need to do something. We should be looking," I said desperately.

"We can't do anything but wait for news Danielle. We'd be no help looking for her. We need to be here for when our bambina comes home," she replied, moving closer to hold me.

"She will come home won't she?" I asked, needing to believe she would.

"Si bellina and you'll be all snuggled up reading to her whatever book she has on the go while I make you both dinner in no time. We'll be waking her up to come to set and teasing her about Carter. She'll get cold and be stealing your jumper and cuddling up with Jeff. I'll be spraying my perfume in the morning and waiting for her to give a twirl as I spray her too. We'll get our bambina back," she assured me.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak after picturing all the things Stefania spoke about.

I lay her her arms for a while when we started to smell my mom's cooking from the kitchen.

Stefania eventually convinced me to get up out of bed and move into the lounge.

"Maddie has been here again today too," Stefania told me as I pulled on a fresh set of joggers.

"She didn't want to disturb you but she wanted to be here incase either of us did need something," she added.

"I'll message her later," I replied.

"Barrett also popped over this morning,"

"Anyone else?" I laughed lightly, grateful of my friends support.

"No, not today," Stefania winked.

The two of us sat around the dining table as my mom placed two light meals down in front of you.

"Thank you so much Kathy," Stefania said gratefully.

"Of course my sweet,"'my mom smiled, joking us around the the table.

I managed to pick at about half before I gave in to the serious lack of appetite.

"Now I know how Amalia feels when she says she's too anxious to eat," I sighed, pushing the plate away.

Stefania and my mom looked at me sadly but didn't bother attempting to get me to finish.

Suddenly, my phone began ringing with a number I didn't recognise.

My heart sank.

I froze.

I couldn't move to answer it.

By the looks of things neither could Stefania.

My mom took it and answered. She stood and paced around the kitchen, making quick glances between Stefania and I.

"Okay yes," she said seriously.

"Yes yes of course,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes thank you,"

"Yes I'll tell them,"

She hung up.

We stared at her.

"We need to go," she said.

I looked at her.

I held my breath.

"They've got her,"

Authors note.

I'm in the airport waiting to leave Paris so had all the time in the world for an update.

Hope you enjoyed it and that you're all well. 💕