Chapter 69

Danielle POV

"Come on Mali, we need to get you cleaned up," I said, attempting to move from under the young girl.

"Nooo," she cried, not wanting to get up off the ground.

"I know, I know sunshine but we need to," I said, lifting her off me.

"Don't go," she panicked, reaching out to grab me as I stood up.

"Mali I'm not going, I'm just moving us inside," I assured her, taking her arm and pulling her up.

I led Amalia through the hotel suit and into the bathroom.

"M-Mom," she whimpered as I sat her on the toilet seat.

"I'm here Mali," I repeated, turning on the shower.

I slipped her shoes off and unfastened the button at the back of her dress. Carefully, I pulled out her hair grips and placed them on the side.

I took a makeup wipe and gently wiped her face and and around her eyes.

"Mom don't," she whimpered when I started to help her out of her dress.

"Shhh baby girl it's just me, we've been here before," I said softly.

She nodded and let me undress her. I checked the temperature of the water before holding her hand as she stepped under the shower.

She stood there like a little broken statue just letting the water hit her.

"Where's mama?" She asked.

"She'll be back soon sunshine," I smiled weakly, reaching for the body wash.

"Does she hate me?" Amalia asked with fear filled eyes.

"No baby, she could never hate you," I said firmly.

"I'm so s-sorry," she said, her shoulders shaking as she began to cry again.

"Oh my sunshine," I sighed sadly, not knowing what to do to make it better.

I took the sponge with the body wash and gently began helping her.

She flinched slightly as I took hold of her arm.

"Shh Amalia it's just me," I said calmly.

I quickly washed and rinsed her hair before grabbing a fresh clean towel.

"Come here sunshine," I said softly, holding the towel ready to wrap around her.

"Good girl Mali," I smiled, wrapping my arms around her with the towel.

She leaned into my body and lay her head on my shoulder for a moment.

I kissed the top of her head and squeezed her into me.

"You'll be okay my girl. It will all be okay," I whispered.

I took her through to her bedroom and took her pyjamas.

"Put those on sweetheart, I'm just going to get you some water," I smiled.

I checked my phone while I got her a drink.

Stefania had messaged.

My love 💕
Are you both okay? I'll be back soon bellina.

I sighed.

I knew I shouldn't be mad at Stefania. She was scared, we both were. Seeing Amalia in that state was terrifying and brought back bad memories for all of us.

I knew without even talking to her that she was more angry with herself for letting Amalia drink under our care.

She wasn't really angry with Amalia and I knew that.