Chapter 125

Danielle POV

"You know..." I began saying as I brushed my fingers lightly across Stefania's back.

"If you wanted, you could give Amalia the legal guardianship papers by yourself? We could give her the name change ones later today?" I suggested while the two of us lay in bed together.

It was still early, I'd been awake since about 5:30. I was excited and nervous about how Amalia's birthday would go. I just hoped we could give her the day she deserved.

"You don't want to be there?" Stefania asked, rolling over in bed to face me.

"I thought it would be a nice moment for the two of you but I can be there if you'd like?" I offered.

"No I'd love that bellina thank you," Stefania smiled lovingly, shifting over to cuddle into my side.

I lifted my arm and let her in, my fingers now trailing up and down her arm and shoulder.

"Maybe you could take her somewhere when the caterer and decor people arrive to set up? It might be overwhelming for her having new strangers in the house,"

"We're literally inviting tonnes of people over later bella," Stefania pointed out.

"But they're not strangers," I smirked, squeezing her playfully to me.

"I hope she's alright today," Stef sighed, her breath light on my chest.

"I think yesterday might've been a little breakthrough for her. I think she let go of her old life more," I told her, still emotional from my drive out with Mali.

"Poor, little chicken," Stefania pouted.

"Speaking of our little chicken, shall we go wake her up?" I asked, about to pull the duvet back.

"It's still early bellina, do you know want to let her sleep?"

"I want the first thing she hears and sees today, to be you and I wishing her happy birthday. So get your ass out of bed my love," I smirked, leaning over to playfully spank her ass.

"Oww okay I'm moving," she frowned, rubbing her ass and getting out of bed.

Both filled with excited, nervous energy, Stefania and I crept along the hallway to Amalia's bedroom. I pushed the door open and the two of us stood there for a moment, seeing her still fast asleep, Eeyore and Winnie tucked under each arm.

"We have a fourteen year old," I whispered, leaning into Stefania slightly.

"We have a beautiful, strong, amazing fourteen year old," she smiled, wiping a tear from her cheek.

I moved across the room to climb in beside Amalia, Stefania making her way around the bed to get in the other.

Noticing the movement, Amalia stirred slightly, her legs stretching out a bit.

I looked over at Stefania and smiled excitedly, ready to change Amalia's terrible pattern of birthdays and ensure her nightmare didn't come true.

"Wakey wakey baby girl," I said gently, moving her hair out of her face.

"Open those eyes for us bambina," Stefania added.

Mali made cute little noises, letting us know she was waking up.

She stretched her arms out before bringing her fists to her eyes.

The moment she opened her eyes, Stefania caught my gaze and I nodded.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMALIA!" we said happily in sync with one another.

"Happy birthday my gorgeous girl,"