Chapter 70

Stefania POV

My eyes opened to the light flooding in through the large floor to ceiling window.

The thin, white curtain blew slightly with the gentle morning breeze. I lay in bed and turned my head to the empty space where Danielle should've been. Last nights events came back and I sighed, still upset with everything that happened.

Stretching out my arms and laying there for a few moments, I tired to think of how to go about speaking to Amalia.

With it still being relatively early, I climbed out of bed and pulled on my silk robe and went to make a coffee. I stood on the balcony and leant against the railing as I sipped away at my double espresso.

I glanced down over the balcony at the hotel gardens and smiled to myself before finishing my drink and going to get changed.

Leaning against the door frame to Amalia's bedroom, I watched silently as Danielle was sat up in bed with Amalia's head in her lap. She was scrolling through her phone as she ran her fingers lightly through Amalia's hair. Mali was distracted drawing patterns on Danielle's leg but I could clearly see her eyes were still swollen from crying.

"Good morning bellas," I said softly, not wanting to startle them.

"Morning my love," Danielle smiled widely when she looked up.

My heart hurt as alarm covered Amalia's face. She pushed herself up to curl into Danielle.

"It's okay baby girl," I heard Danielle whispered as she wrapped her arm around the teenager.

I sighed and walked over to the king sized bed. I sat down and curled my legs underneath me, facing my two loves.

"Bambina?" I said gently, reaching my hand out to place on her leg.

She looked up at me, struggling to keep eye contact.

"Do you think you could come with me somewhere to talk?" I asked carefully.

She turned to glance at Danielle nervously.

"It's okay beautiful," she encouraged, rubbing her hand up and down her arm.

"Okay," Amalia replied, her voice sounding raspy from throwing up so much.

"Get dressed bambina, I'll wait out there," I smiled, not wanting to overwhelm her.

I headed back out of her room and slumped down on the couch. I leant forward and rested my head in my hands.

I felt the couch dip beside me and Danielle's hand came to rest on my lower back.

"She's just nervous you're going to be upset with her," Danielle whispered.

"I know," I sighed, sitting back up a little straighter.

"But I'm not, I just want to explain," I added.

"Where are you taking her?" Danielle asked.

"Just down to the hotel garden. It should be quiet seeing as it's still really early," I told her.

"Do you want to come?" I asked her.

"No my love, I think this just needs to be between you and Mali," she smiled weakly.

"What are you going to do?" I asked curiously.

"I'm going to try and get some more sleep. I hardly slept at all last night. I was so worried about Amalia being sick on herself and choking that I think I kept myself awake just incase," she yawned, resting her head down on my shoulder.