Chapter 33

Danielle POV

I couldn't believe she was really here and stood in front of me.

"Is that a yes bellina?" she chuckled as I stood there in shock, unable to take my eyes off her.

"Come here," I smiled, pulling her close and placing a hand around her neck, guiding her down to kiss me.

"It's a big yes," I breathed out, smiling as my lips brushed against hers.

"My things are in the car, I'll sort them later," she replied. I held the door open for her and let her and Jeff enter.

"We need to be quiet," I whispered, pointing out a sleeping Amalia on the sofa.

"Let's go into the kitchen," I said as Stefania picked up Jeff to prevent her running over and waking Mali.

"Shhh Jeff, you can see her when she wakes up," Stefania told the excitable puppy.

"I'm sure she'll be happy of that wake up call," I laughed, grabbing two mugs to make us both a drink.

"Do you think she'll be okay with me staying?" Stef asked, furrowing her eyebrows a little.

I thought about her question and until her therapy session with Carla earlier I would've said she'd be absolutely fine. Now, I had to remember that there was some apparent separation anxiety, I wasn't sure how she'd react.

"I think so, she's always saying how much she misses you," I said, pouring the drinks and handing a mug to Stefania.

"It might help her to be around more people. Even if it is only me," she shrugged.

I nodded in agreement and sat down beside Stefania. I lent my head on her shoulder and breathed in her perfume.

"I can't believe you're here," I smiled happily.

"I've missed you bella," she said, planting a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"Seeing you yesterday made me realise I really didn't want to be away from you for any longer," she admitted.

"We're better together my love," I said, looking up into her eyes.

She looked around the kitchen.

"Where's Jeff?" She asked.

We were about to get up when a sleepy Amalia entered the kitchen, followed by Jeff who was happily jumping up around her legs to get her attention.

"Hi there bambina," Stefania smiled.

Amalia, still half asleep, glanced up in confusion. She looked over to me as though she too couldn't believe they were really here.

"But... wait what?" She asked.

"We've got two new members of our quarantine bubble Mali," I explained to her.

"Really! You're staying?" She asked Stefania.

"We are bambina, now come give me that hug you owe me," she smiled, pushing back her chair and opening her arms for Amalia.

Amalia rushed over to Stefania who happily pulled her into a big hug, bringing her down so she was practically sat on her knee.

"I've missed you," I heard Amalia tell her quietly.

"I've missed you too bella, so so much," Stef replied, keeping her in her arms.

I felt myself feeling a lot more emotional seeing my two girls together.

"I think someone else has missed you," Stefania said as Mali lifted her head off of her chest to see Jeff pawing at her for attention.

Amalia jumped off Stefania's lap and was straight on the floor to play and stroke Jeff. I brought my mug to my mouth as I watched them get reacquainted.