Chapter 117

Danielle POV

"What you you think of this bellina?" Stefania asked from a couple of meters away, holding up a white, floral dress.

"Aww that's cute. She'll love that," I nodded, watching as Stefania picked one up in Mali's size.

She added it to the cream jumper and embroidered t-shirt she had already picked up for our teen.

I ticked off new clothes on the list I'd created while Stefania took them up to the register to pay.

"Where to next bella?" She asked when she rejoined me, the bag in her left hand while she took hold of mine in her right.

"I was thinking we could maybe go a toy store. I know she's gonna be fourteen but I bet we could find something that she'd like now," I suggested.

"Let's go," Stefania smiled, knowing how important this all was to the both of us.

We walked the short distance to the nearest toy store and I even felt my own inner child get excited.

"Alright I may end up getting something for myself here," I laughed, already glancing at the jigsaws.

"I'll treat you bellina," Stefania winked.

"There's other treats I want from you," I whispered.

"Danielle we're in a toy store," she blushed, pointing out families with kids.

"Prude," I pouted.

"Oh hardly," she Stefania laughed, knowing she was far from prudish.

"Come on, get looking around," she added, playfully pushing my forward.

"Hey, wasn't a colouring book on her list?" Stefania asked, pointing towards a huge selection.

"That would work," I said, going over to look.

"Then we could get her some pens but also the crayons she wanted when she was a baba?" Stefania suggested.

"Perfect, which book?" I asked, flicking through one of them.

"What about the animal or nature one? They're for adults so she won't feel too childish," Stef said, pointing to them.

"There's beach pictures and underwater ones in this one," I said, picking up another.

"She'll love that one bella,"

"Let's find the crayons now,"

When we found them, I reached straight for the largest box.

"Mali's not the only one who wanted these. Everyone wanted them, even my sister and I always had them on our Christmas lists," I chuckled.

Stefania and I paid and headed to the bookstore, selecting a few we thought she'd like before putting all of the bags back in the car.

"Shall we go out for dinner?" Stefania suggested.

I thought about it.

Part of me was desperate to get home to Amalia but the other part was loving this time with Stefania.

"Is that you asking me out on a date?" I teased.

"Maybe," she said coyly.

"We can go home if you want to though bella," she said quickly.

"No no, it's okay. Let's stay out a little longer," I said,

"But can we call Mali to check in?" I asked.

"Of course bellina, let's get in the car," Stefania said, closing the trunk of her car.

We climbed in and I dialled Amalia's number.