Chapter 59

Party part 1

Danielle POV

"Jaina in the houseeeee," she screamed.

I grinned as Jaina entered through the door holding a bottle of wine in each hand and holding them into the air.

"Hi," I laughed, bringing her in for a hug.

"I've missed you so much!!" She said, stepping back and going to greet Stefania and Amalia.

"Hey Dani, what's up," Grey said, following Jaina in and also giving me a hug.

Jake, Lachlan and Jaicy soon arrived as well, just as excited as everyone else to see each other in the same room for the first time in a few months.

I found myself in the kitchen, pouring and mixing drinks.

"So you've been pretty quiet throughout lockdown," Barrett said suspiciously, nudging into my side as I poured her a glass of wine.

"I've been keeping busy," I shrugged, not wanting to give everything away just yet.

"You've had Amalia here the whole time right?" She asked, bringing her glass to the mouth.

I took a drink myself and nodded.

"Yeah, the company has been nice," I admitted honestly.

"Daniii," I heard Jake shout for me.

I smirked, happy that my house was full of our friends again and made my way into the lounge.

Amalia was stood close by Stefania who had her arm protectively around her as she stood in conversation with Jaina.

"Daniii," Jake called again.

"What are you shouting me for?" I laughed, throwing a sofa cushion at him.

"I don't know how to turn up the music," he said dramatically, gesturing to the speakers.

I quickly glanced over at Stefania who caught my eye. I silently suggested that now was the time to tell everyone. She nodded and I watched as she tightened her grip around Amalia.

"Okay guys," I said loudly, attempting to get everyone's attention.

Jay, Lachlan and Barrett came in from the kitchen and everyone's eyes were now on me.

"I just wanted to say that it's absolutely incredible having you all over for well overdue drinks," I began.

"Woooo," everyone cheered.

Laughing, I moved closer to my two girls.

"There's just something I wanted to let you all know before this evening really starts," I said, feeling the nerves increase.

They started to look at each other expectantly, nobody knew where I was going with this.

I didn't even know where I was going with this.

I didn't know the right words.

"There's actually something we'd like to tell you," Stefania said, taking hold of my hand and control of the situation.

She squeezed my hand in hers, still keeping her arm around Amalia.

Everyone's eyes now darted to our hands, realisation crossing their faces.

"Okay pay up, who had $20 on them getting together?" Lachlan said, looking at everyone's and laughing.

"I think I said I wanted $50 down," Barrett joked.