83

"Baby, you have an amazing voice," Jada insisted. "Everyone on TikTok thinks so too."

"I don't like singing in front of people."

"You're only really singing in front of me," Jada added. "I love when you sing to me, Calliope."

Callie took a deep breath. "Singing in front of people makes me nervous. I sometimes get nervous in front of you."

Jada leaned over to hug Callie. "You are talented in so many ways. You're one of the best surgeons in the world in your field, and you have a voice that doesn't deserve to be hidden."

Callie took a deep breath and looked at Jada. "Baby, I found those old songs you said you wrote when you were a kid in the basement the other day," Jada added. "I know you can play the guitar and piano. There's a bunch of pictures of you playing them and singing. And the lyrics are amazing."

"I was 14 when I wrote those."

"They're amazing. You're amazing."

Callie blushed. "People think I'm that good?"

"Yes!" Jada emphasized. "Cuddle me and I'll show you."

Leaning back over, Callie pulled the blankets back over top of them before leaning up against Jada's back on her side. Jada began to scroll through hundreds of comments, all complimenting Callie and some saying she should sign to a record label.

"Wow."

"And I know people too," Jada added. "I have some contacts in the industry from gaming. I've done voice over work for commercials. I know people that know people."

"Slow down here," Callie said with a low chuckle. "I don't like being up in front of people. I hate presentations."

"I've been to your presentations, Callie. You are a natural in front of people. You don't act like you're nervous."

Callie rested her head softly on Jada's shoulder. "Are you sure this isn't you trying to get me to sing for you more?"

"I wouldn't even know what to sing about."

"You're a doctor! Sing about saving lives or something," Jada suggested. "I'd help you write songs because I'd be your agent. There's a lot of songs about love, heartbreak, the summer."

With a giggle, Callie replied, "I'm in love with you. Does that mean you would let me write about you?"

"Yeah."

"You would?"

Jada nodded. "I would."

"Well, that's good because I wouldn't want to write about heartbreak if I'm in love."

Jada opened her mouth to say something but quickly stopped when her jaw dropped. "Callie!"

"What?"

"A record label just messaged me! They want to hear you sing more and want to meet you!"

"I don't know," Callie said cautiously. "I don't like to sing in front of people."

"Do you like to sing?"

She took a deep breath. "Yeah."

"At least give it a try," Jada suggested. "If you don't like it, then you don't have to do it."

"What about the girls?" Callie questioned. "We have kids and as parents they have to come first."

"I know," Jada acknowledged. "We have my mom, my sister, Arizona, and a lot of friends that love the girls and would love to help."

Callie laid back down and traced her fingers over Jada's bare shoulder. "I wouldn't want to leave you for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do in New York without you."

"I don't want you to go either, but you have to."

"Maybe I should just retire so I can be with you and the kids all the time."

"Callie, I don't want to ask you to do that."

"I want to be around you and the girls all the time. I want to be a mom like you."

Jada nodded and gently took Callie's hands in hers. "I love you, Calliope."

"I love you too."